Avenue Crowne Plaza Magnificent Mile - Chicago
One-Night Stay for Two in a One-Bedroom King Suite with Option for Elephant & Castle Entrees. Up to Two Kids Stay Free.
Skyline and Lake Michigan Views on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile
Two of Chicago's most celebrated treasures are Lake Michigan and the city skyline. Both are put on display in the guest rooms at the Avenue Crowne Plaza Magnificent Mile. To the east, the dark-blue waters of Lake Michigan stretch to the horizon, and to the north and west, iconic skyscrapers gleam in the sun. "Because the guest rooms start on the 14th floor,” notes the hotel’s director of sales and marketing, “every room has a view." Whether it's a glimpse of lake or skyline depends on availability, but neither disappoints. In addition to the vistas, one-bedroom king suites pay tribute to the Windy City with framed photographs of the Chicago River and the corncob-shaped Marina City towers. Contemporary décor includes a tawny, leather sleeper sofa and a striped zebra chair.
In the morning, a breakfast spread (available for an additional fee) is set up in the hotel's 40th-floor Sky Lounge, where walls of slanted windows on three sides show off the city just as it’s waking up and first combing its giant, Mike Ditka-esque mustache. The second option with this Getaway includes two entrees at the onsite Elephant & Castle restaurant, which serves classic pub fare such as fish 'n' chips and shepherd's pie alongside 26 ales on tap.
Chicago's Magnificent Mile: Upscale Boutiques and Historical Architecture
On Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, landmark skyscrapers such as the John Hancock Center and the Wrigley Building tower over the city's liveliest retail corridor. In total, the stretch of high-end real estate houses some 460 stores, ranging from exclusive designers such as Armani and Chanel to beloved brands including Apple, American Girl, and Gap. Double-decker buses and horse-drawn carriages circle the Chicago Water Tower, a limestone icon that survived the Great Chicago Fire, and droves of shoppers navigate eight levels of boutiques and cafés at the nearby Water Tower Place.
Lake Shore Drive runs two blocks east of Michigan Avenue. Travel + Leisure called this stretch “the greatest architecture road on earth” thanks to the superstar skyscrapers lined up along the lakefront. Looming above them all, of course, is the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower)—the tallest building in North America. Runners, cyclists, and runaway lawn mowers travel the adjoining Lakefront Trail throughout the year.
What You Get
One-night stay for two with WiFi
- Option 1: $119 to stay in a one-bedroom king suite, valid Sunday–Thursday (up to a $279 value)
- Option 2: $129 to stay in a one-bedroom king suite, valid Friday–Saturday (up to a $279 value)
- Option 3: $149 to stay in a one-bedroom king suite with two entrees at Elephant & Castle, valid Sunday–Thursday (up to a $325 value)
- Option 4: $159 to stay in a one-bedroom king suite with two entrees at Elephant & Castle, valid Friday–Saturday (up to a $325 value)
Book by: 1/18/13
Travel by: 2/28/13
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Elephant & Castle restaurant onsite
- Rooftop Sky Lounge
- 24-hour fitness center
- Neutrogena bath amenities
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 1/18/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 2/28/13
- Not valid 11/24-11/28, 12/29, 12/31, or 2/16
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Must cancel by 6pm day before arrival or fee of up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- 16.4% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
One-Bedroom King Suite
- One king-size bed and one pullout sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; no charge for additional guests 17 or younger
- Two TVs and iHome docking station
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: valet parking available for $50 per night
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking allowed inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 25 pounds may be added for a nonrefundable fee of $75 per stay.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 18 miles from O'Hare International Airport (ORD); about 14 miles from Midway Airport (MDW)
- By transit: CTA Red Line, Chicago Avenue stop
- By cab: about $35 from ORD; about $30 from MDW
The Groupon Guide to: Hotel Amenities
Most people choose a hotel based on what amenities it offers and how many of its TV channels show a live feed of the local city council. Here are some of the amenities that you might be lucky enough to experience on your next trip:
- Pool full of people who can swim but not as well as you
- Room service delivered directly to the hotel restaurant
- Dogs that will keep your sheets warm when you're not using the bed and special electric jackets that will keep the dogs warm
- Spa where they at least brush your teeth for you instead of just squishing your muscles
- Unlimited wigs, so you can really feel like you're escaping
- Rooms where families can go to yell at each other
- An in-room safe for keeping items so valuable you would never trust yourself to touch them
- Free wireless Internet that only goes to the hotel's email provider, Hotelwhispers.net