Greater Detroit Hotel with Antiques and Auto-Themed Decor
Detroit is the capital of the American automobile industry thanks in no small part to Henry Ford, a Michigan native who invented the Model T, developed the modern-day assembly line, and built one of country’s most successful automobile companies. Located about 10 miles from downtown Detroit on a piece of land once owned by Ford, the Best Western Greenfield Inn honors Ford with more than 600 classic automobile prints spread across the hotel. The hotel is also just 3 miles from the Henry Ford Museum, where you can see the Rosa Parks Bus and the limousine that President Kennedy was shot in.
The Best Western Greenfield Inn is a Victorian-style property adorned with columns, turrets, and dormer windows. Beyond the romantic pink exterior, old country antiques fill O'Henry's Restaurant, including a Victorian-era hutch that was hand-carved by a German craftsman. Diners can order specialty pizzas and salads sprinkled with famous Michigan cherries in the restaurant's library-themed dining room, featuring elaborately carved woodwork and a vintage book collection. Next door, Squire's Lounge evokes a warm vibe with original black-walnut-paneled walls that were salvaged from a famous hotel in Montreal.
This Victorian charm continues in guest rooms furnished with poster beds and wooden chests. Refrigerators and flat-screen TVs round out the modern amenities. Downstairs, you'll find a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a recreation room with arcade games and a ping-pong table.
Greater Detroit: Automobile Museums and Legendary Motown Music
Best Western Greenfield Inn is located in the town of Allen Park, about 10 miles southwest of Detroit. It sits near many of the area's most historic attractions, including Henry Ford’s Greenfield Village, featuring several historic buildings that were moved from its original location. Take a ride on an authentic Ford Model T, explore Thomas Edison's library, and tour the home of where Noah Webster wrote the first American dictionary. Just next door to Greenfield Village, the 12-acre Henry Ford Museum features presidential limos, interactive video exhibits, and other historical artifacts. You’ll see the chair President Lincoln was sitting in when he was assassinated, and an original bed used by George Washington.
After automobiles, Detroit is best known for its soulful music tradition. The Motown Museum is in the same house where legends such as Stevie Wonder, the Supremes, and the Jackson 5 recorded some of their most classic songs. In one of the studios, you can see a giant divot in the wooden floor where producers and sound technicians tapped their foot to the beat of the songs as they were recorded. Greektown, which is northeast of downtown, is a quirky neighborhood that has stuck to its immigrant roots. Monroe Street is lined with buildings made to resemble the Parthenon and Pegasus, and Greek music plays outdoors next to themed eateries.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Onsite restaurant and pub
- Indoor pool and oversized hot tub
- Fitness center and sauna
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary airport shuttle
- Complimentary area shuttle to Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- Must cancel 24hrs prior to arrival or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must provide traveler's name at purchase, which will be provided to Best Western Greenfield Inn
- 14% tax not included, due at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not available
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not available
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets weighing 100 pounds or less may be added for an additional $10 per night.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 10 miles from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
- By transit: SMART bus #140 northbound, Outer Drive/Enterprise stop
- By cab: about $20 from DTW
- By car: about 12 miles southwest of Detroit
- By shuttle: complimentary shuttle to and from DTW
The Groupon Guide to: Hotel Amenities
Most people choose a hotel based on what amenities it offers and how many of its TV channels show a live feed of the local city council. Here are some of the amenities that you might be lucky enough to experience on your next trip:
- Pool full of people who can swim but not as well as you
- Room service delivered directly to the hotel restaurant
- Dogs that will keep your sheets warm when you're not using the bed and special electric jackets that will keep the dogs warm
- Spa where they at least brush your teeth for you instead of just squishing your muscles
- Unlimited wigs, so you can really feel like you're escaping
- Rooms where families can go to yell at each other
- An in-room safe for keeping items so valuable you would never trust yourself to touch them
- Free wireless Internet that only goes to the hotel's email provider, Hotelwhispers.net