Top Reasons to Visit Best Western Plus Tree House
- The hotel sits at the gateway to Mt. Shasta, a year-round destination for mountain climbing, golfing, trout fishing, and—until April—skiing.
- From the hotel’s location, you can walk to downtown shops and restaurants. If you want to learn about the history of the region, the nearby Mt. Shasta Sisson Museum is worth a visit.
- A complimentary breakfast buffet is served every morning. It includes housemade belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, and your choice of breakfast meats.
- The onsite Tree House Restaurant has a comfortable atmosphere for dining on seafood and steak specialties. The mountain-view dining room features a fireplace.
- After a day hiking up Mount Shasta or to McCloud Falls, you can unwind with a drink in the onsite cocktail lounge.
- Some rooms have mountain views.
- Pets may be added for an additional fee.
Mount Shasta, California: Mountain Town near Pine Forests, Rivers, and Waterfalls
The town of Mount Shasta is located in northern California about 60 miles south of the Oregon border. An idyllic landscape of pine forests, mountain streams, and waterfalls unfurls in the shadow of the town’s namesake landmark, Mount Shasta. Standing at more than 14,000 feet above sea level, the dormant volcano is the second-highest peak in the Cascade Range and the principal draw for most visitors. Dozens of paths—ranging from easy, low-elevation trails to arduous glacier climbs—attract thousands of hikers every year. The rivers, streams, and lakes surrounding the mountain make for some of the best freshwater fishing in California, and the nearby Mt. Shasta Ski Park encompasses 425 acres of downhill skiing and snowboarding. Whether you visit in the winter or the summer, keep an eye out for wildlife, including mountain lions, bald eagles, and peregrine falcons.
Recreation options aren’t just limited to Mount Shasta. You can go whitewater rafting on the Upper Sacramento River, explore dozens of caves formed by lava flows at Lava Beds National Monument, and hike through Castle Crags State Park. Some spectacular waterfalls are sprinkled throughout the region, including McArthur-Burney Falls, whose 129-foot cascade flows strong all year long.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“A well run hotel with a great restaurant and breakfast.”
“The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.”
“Great hotel and service. My mom left her coat in the room, and the hotel staff held it until we could pick it up several hours later.”
Best Western Plus Tree House
111 Morgan Way
Mount Shasta, CA 96067