Comfortable Hotel Close to Downtown Roanoke
Situated less than 2 miles from the airport on a spot overlooking the Roanoke Valley, the Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View provides a comfortable base from which to explore Roanoke. A complimentary shuttle picks you up from the airport and brings you to the hotel, where you'll check into a spacious king or double room. The decor is elegant and contemporary, with honey-colored wood furnishings and floral quilts.
In the morning, you can enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast in the dining room before setting out to see the sights of downtown Roanoke, located 5 miles from the hotel. Afterwards, you can take a dip in the hotel's indoor pool or work out at a nearby fitness center partnering with Best Western.
Roanoke, Virginia: Blue Ridge Mountain Scenery near Caves and Vineyards
Located along the western edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Roanoke occupies an area of Virginia endowed with abundant natural beauty. The Appalachian Trail, the famous 2,000-mile-long hiking path that starts in Georgia and ends in Maine, runs through the northern part of Roanoke County, and the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway can be accessed just south of the city. A 45-minute drive brings you to the Natural Bridge, immense limestone rocks that form a beautiful stone archway. Thirty-four stories underground, you can explore some of the deepest caves on the East Coast.
Downtown Roanoke is home to the acclaimed Taubman Museum of Art, which displays works from many different genres in an interactive and family-friendly space. Through January 19, you can see landscape paintings by Harold Little and more than 100 Fabergé objects in the Fabergé from the Hodges Family Collection. Roanoke is also known for its winemaking culture; take a quick trip to the many surrounding vineyards for tastings and tours.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Free shuttle from airport
- Complimentary hot breakfast
- Heated indoor saline pool
- Complimentary WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 24hr cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must provide traveler's name at purchase, which will be provided to Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
- Guests must notify hotel after reservation to add occupants
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- 12% tax not included, added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: no additional charge
Included with all rooms:
- Refrigerator and microwave
- 37-inch flat-screen TV
- Leather recliners
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: free, subject to availability
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: first dog may be added for $25 per stay, second may be added for $5. Must be requested at booking, and additional taxes apply; subject to availability.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 2 miles from Roanoke Regional Airport (ROA)
- By cab: about $10 from ROA
- By shuttle: free hotel shuttle from ROA, runs 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily
The Groupon Guide to: Hotel Amenities
Most people choose a hotel based on what amenities it offers and how many of its TV channels show a live feed of the local city council. Here are some of the amenities that you might be lucky enough to experience on your next trip:
- Pool full of people who can swim but not as well as you
- Room service delivered directly to the hotel restaurant
- Dogs that will keep your sheets warm when you're not using the bed and special electric jackets that will keep the dogs warm
- Spa where they at least brush your teeth for you instead of just squishing your muscles
- Unlimited wigs, so you can really feel like you're escaping
- Rooms where families can go to yell at each other
- An in-room safe for keeping items so valuable you would never trust yourself to touch them
- Free wireless Internet that only goes to the hotel's email provider, Hotelwhispers.net