The Biggest Loser Resort - Malibu
One-Week Structured Fitness and Weight-Loss Program for One with Accommodations, Meals, Training, and Classes
Award-Winning Weight-Loss Retreat near Sunny Pacific Coast
Since 2004, tens of millions of viewers have tuned into the hit reality show "The Biggest Loser" to watch contestants shed pounds and revamp their eating habits during an intense weight-loss competition. Season winners invariably emerge 100–150 pounds lighter, with completely reshaped physiques. The show’s focus on committing to strict exercise and nutritional regimens is also at the core of The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge, Malibu, which was voted a top 10 fitness program in the SpaFinder Readers' Choice Awards in 2011, and named one of Spas of America's top 100 spas.
The resort's weight-loss program fits exercise, healthy meals, and lifestyle seminars into a daily schedule from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m. Certified personal trainers might jump-start mornings with hikes through the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, a beautiful, Mediterranean-like mountain range with both beginner and expert trails. At mealtimes, the resort provides nutritious, low-calorie meals designed by registered dieticians, holistic nutritionists, and Culinary Institute of America-trained executive chef Rodolfo Reyes. For dinner, you could celebrate a productive day with a Hawaiian chicken bowl, topped off with key-lime crème brulee for dessert. Breakfast and lunch provide energy for additional exercises throughout the day, which may include water aerobics, kickboxing, or yoga.
Between workouts, groups attend lectures on weight training and nutrition education, including food-label reading and body-workout recovery. An onsite, full-service spa rewards hard-working participants with massages, facials, and acupuncture treatments (not included with this Groupon).
One of the hallmarks of the program is a supportive team environment, as each person encourages other members of the team to push further than they thought they could go. At the end of the week, trainers record each guest's weight and measurements and note their progress. But the program doesn’t necessarily have to end there; the experience should help guests stick with a healthier lifestyle long after their stay.
What You Get
One-week stay for one in a single room and basic weight-loss program with three daily meals (up to a $2,695 value)
Book by: 11/23/12
Travel by: 12/31/12
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Advanced gym and aquatics center
- Onsite spa and salon
- Free high-speed WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Book by 11/23/12 or promo value expires
- Complete travel by 12/31/12
- Limit 1/person, may buy 1 as a gift
- Limit 1/visit
- Valid only for option bought
- Reservation req'd
- All cancellations subject to fee of 10% Groupon price; 2-week cancellation notice or $300 fee applies
- Must call to cancel
- Must be 18+ to check in and 14+ to stay; parent or guardian required for those under 18
- Credit card req'd at check-in and booking
- Must provide full name upon purchase, which will be provided to The Biggest Loser Resort
- Must sign waiver
- Must use promo value in 1 visit
- 9.25% tax, private training, and spa treatments not included
- Tax required at time of booking
- Travel to and from airport not included
- New guests only
- Can't be combined with other offers.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In All Included Rooms
- Cable TV
- Free high-speed WiFi
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 1
- Maximum occupancy: 1
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
Check in: 3 p.m.Check out: 10 a.m.Parking: freeRollaways: not availableSmoking policy: no smoking inside the propertyPet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 39 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX); about 37 miles from Bob Hope Burbank Airport (BUR)
- A lack of signage can make the resort hard to find, so follow directions carefully.
The Groupon Guide to: the Most Common Dreams
We all love dreaming. Dreams are a veritable digital playground where our minds run free while our bodies lie dormant in soft repose. Here are some of the most common dreams:
• There is a large tower. You climb it. While you climb you hear the voices of all those you have wronged. “Upward,” they whisper, “upward.” At the top is a piano with the heads of all your elementary-school teachers. They sing a song about all the animals you fear.
• You are eating a delightful taco. The meat and cheese are extremely tasty. When you swallow the taco you realize it wasn’t a taco; it was your arm. You are swallowing your arm. You start crying and the sailboat you are on explodes.
• Giving birth to mountain of spiders
• You are a doctor botching the surgery you are performing on Napoleon Bonaparte. With his last breath, he tells you your friends secretly hate you.
• Screaming (into the black night, etc.)