Birchcreek Retreat - Santa Fe, NM
Four- or Seven-Night Fitness Retreat for One or Two with Accommodations in a Traditional Room. Combine Up to 14 Nights.
Weight-Loss and Fitness Program in Desert Around Santa Fe
The weight-loss and wellness programs at Birchcreek Retreats are designed to jump-start physical transformation through rigorous exercise and eating plans. During either a four- or seven-night stay, guests will drop by seminars and one-on-one consultations that will teach the basics of leading a healthful lifestyle. These all take place amid a secluded 450-acre sanctuary in the desert around Santa Fe. When it’s all over, each person is sent home with departure packages filled with recipes and at-home tips.
The most intensive program offered at the Santa Fe location is the Birchcreek power program. It amps up the workout schedule, and in turn it’s produced an average weekly weight loss of between 6.1 and 9.4 pounds for women and 8.7 and 12.3 pounds for men.
Exercise: The power program includes two to six hours of daily exercise, beginning with an invigorating morning walk through the desert canyons. From there, you can choose from a range of physical activities such as strength training, yoga classes, and sunset bike rides through the pine-covered mountains. The workouts are led by certified trainers, and there are small group sizes, which helps ensure you’ll get individualized attention.
Diet: A healthful, low-calorie diet is also essential to Birchcreek Retreats' rapid-weight-loss model. Guests can choose between two meal plans during their stay: With the all-juice diet, you’ll enjoy healthy drinks such as carrot-ginger or pineapple-orange juice for breakfast, as well as some heartier dinner drink blends such as Salsa in a Glass and Green Goddess. The "clean" food plan incorporates juices and smoothies at breakfast and lunch and a freshly made salad at dinner, totaling up to 1,000–1,200 calories per day.
Based on the power program’s fitness and diet plans, your daily routine might look something like this:
- 8:45 a.m.: Green energy shot
- 9 a.m.: Morning power walk or hike
- 10:30 a.m.: Breakfast
- 11 a.m.: Cardio kickboxing
- 12:15 p.m.: Dynamic yoga
- 1:30 p.m.: Lunch
- 2 p.m.: Awesome Abs core class
- 4:30 p.m.: At-Home Strategies workshop
- 6 p.m.: Dinner
- 7 p.m.: Personal time
Accommodations in Santa Fe: The retreat takes place at Bishop’s Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa, located in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Many of the traditional guest rooms feature classic adobe-style construction with southwestern-inspired furnishings and historical photos. During your free time, you can lounge in the outdoor pool, indulge in an onsite massage, or ride a free shuttle to the Santa Fe plaza, famous for having more than 300 art galleries.
What You Get
Four-night fitness retreat with accommodations in a traditional room
- Option 1: $989 for a power program for one (up to a $2,076 value)
- Option 2: $1,439 for a power program for two (up to a $2,848 value)
Seven-night fitness retreat with accommodations in a traditional room
- Option 3: $1,735 for a power program for one (up to a $3,584 value)
- Option 4: $2,515 for a power program for two (up to a $4,984 value)
Book by: 3/22/13
Travel by: 4/30/13
Included in all options:
- Minimum five to six hours of daily fitness activities
- All meals and juices
- Seminars and classes on healthful eating
- Initial and final evaluations
- Optional weigh-in and measurements
- Departure package with recipes and tips to stay on track
- Art tour and chapel tour
- Resort fee
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Fitness center
- Private hiking trails
- Complimentary WiFi
- Outdoor swimming pool and hot tub
- Full-service spa
- Tennis courts
- Horseback riding
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Booking Guarantee. If the merchant is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, we'll refund your purchase.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Must book by 3/22/13 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 4/30/13
- Limit 2/person+ 2 gifts
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All changes to reservation date incur a $100 rescheduling fee
- Cancellations made more than 7 days before arrival incur a $250 fee
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Guests 12 and under can participate in program if accompanied by an adult
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 10.625% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Complimentary WiFi
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Resort fee includes: yoga, Pilates, any complimentary family programs, holiday offerings, art tour, chapel tour, nature walking guide, unlimited access to the fitness center, swimming pool
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may be added for an additional $20 per night.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrade to a deluxe room for $45 per night or a superior deluxe room for $80 per night.
- By plane: about 15 miles from Santa Fe Municipal Airport (SAF)
- By cab: about $40 from SAF
The Groupon Guide to: Typing Techniques
In grade schools, children are taught one way to type on a computer keyboard—with their hands and not at all with their tiny, perfectly suited for typing toes. Here are some other typing techniques not taught in America's learning rooms:
Hunt and Peck: One of the slower typing methods, it involves the typist "hunting" for each letter individually and then "pecking" the letter with a long cane.
Touch Typing: The same as the standard typing technique, but instead of touching the keyboard, let the keyboard touch you.
Fast Fingers: Standard typing technique, but a little bit faster.
Fancy Fingers: Pretty much the same as "fast fingers," but a little bit slower, and your fingers dance upon the keys like a dainty woman’s feet upon a wet dance floor.
No Fingers: Just throw a rock at the keyboard until you hit the key you want. If you end up breaking the keyboard, buy a new one and start over with a smaller rock.