All-Suite Rhode Island Hotel Minutes from Newport Waterfront
Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites - Middletown, RI
Hotel at a Glance: Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites
The classic New England town of Newport holds a breathtaking collection of historic mansions built by wealthy American families during the Gilded Age. One of these, The Elms, looms over acres of classical revival gardens adorned with fountains, pavilions, and marble statues. The spacious suites at Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites, just 2 miles away, have some nice amenities of their own, including kitchenettes and separate dining and living areas.
- Neighborhood pool inside the Courtyard Inn, one of several hotels you’ll have access to during your stay
- 3-pound lobsters served broiled, boiled, or baked and stuffed at the Atlantic Beach Club, a few minutes' walk away
- Sports on the big screen at Tickets Bar & Grille, an upscale sports bar next door with an expansive menu
- Independent films at the nearby Jane Pickens Theater, which dates back to 1834
Newport, Rhode Island: Harbor Town with World-Famous Mansions
Newport sits on Rhode Island’s Aquidneck Island, just 30 miles south of Providence and 70 miles south of Boston. With its picturesque cliffs running along the rocky coast, Newport understandably attracted America’s upper class at the turn of the 20th century. The prestigious Astor and Vanderbilt families joined other captains of industry in building their summer “cottages” here—sprawling estates that epitomized the Gilded Age’s glitz and glamour. You can sign up for mansion tours at the historic The Elms, Marble House, and The Breakers, a 70-room Italian Renaissance–style palazzo commissioned by Cornelius Vanderbilt II in 1893 and inspired by the palaces of Genoa and Turin.
Year-round, the Cliff Walk is one of the most popular activities in town. From sunrise to sunset you’ll find visitors strolling the 3.5-mile path, ensconced between the beautiful Newport shoreline and the spectacular mansions. If the conditions are ripe, you might see surfers catching waves on the ocean breakers.
The city slows its pace in winter; find time to shop on Thames and Spring Streets or visit the city’s many museums. The town is home to the National Museum of American Illustration, which features works by Saturday Evening Post artist Norman Rockwell, as well as the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum.
The ocean is easily accessible from Newport’s western, eastern, and southern coastlines. It’s often referred to as “the Sailing Capital of the World,” and in the summertime, fishing boats fill its harbors and beachgoers flock to its shores. Easton’s Beach (or 1st Beach if you’re a local), the largest public beach, sits cater-cornered to the Cliff Walk’s stunning homes. Back on land, the city hosts a variety of festivals, including the Newport Jazz Festival and the Newport Kite Festival, held in the ocean-facing Brenton Point State Park.
What You Get
- Stay for four in a studio suite
- Dates into January
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 13% tax added at purchase
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Business center
- Access to indoor pool
- Complimentary WiFi
- Complimentary parking
- Part of a large hospitality complex with restaurants and shops
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Date cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in and stay
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 13% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed and one queen sofa sleeper
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free.
- Rollaways: not available.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the hotel.
- Room upgrades: not available.
By plane: 30 miles from T. F. Green Airport (PVD)By car: 34 miles south of Providence