Hotel at a Glance: Avenue Plaza Resort
Set away from Bourbon Street, New Orleans’s Garden District is a quiet neighborhood filled with historical Southern architecture. According to Fodor’s, it boasts “some of the most beautiful homes in the city,” some of which are open for tours. The Avenue Plaza Resort is also located here; it features condo-style accommodations with fully equipped kitchens and spacious seating areas. Restaurants and antique shops are within walking distance, and the St. Charles streetcar located across the street can take you to the city’s top tourist attractions.
- **Distance to the French Quarter: 2 miles, or a 10-minute ride on the St. Charles streetcar
- Dine in: Mr. John's serves USDA prime beef steaks and Italian seafood specialties.
- See alligators on the Mississippi: Take a swamp boat tour down the Mississippi River, where you can see alligators, snakes, waterfowl, and ancient cypresses
- Go swimming: The hotel’s outdoor pool is located in a lush courtyard surrounded by shady trees and water fountains
- Tour a haunted house: The hotel offers free tours of the Ashley House next door, which housed prisoners during the Civil War.
- Get a view of the city: The hotel has a rooftop sundeck.
New Orleans’s Garden District: Quiet Residential Neighborhood with Antebellum Mansions and Antique Shops
In 2011, Travel + Leisure named New Orleans’s Garden District one of the 10 most beautiful neighborhoods in America. In the 1840s, well-to-do Americans began building Greek Revival and Italianate style mansions up and down its tree-lined streets. A walk through the neighborhood reveals Victorian fronts, cast-iron fences, and sweeping front porches. Most of the properties are surrounded by the English-style gardens that gave the district its name, and they stay in bloom year-round. It’s been the setting for several novels, including Anne Rice’s Witching Hour series.
The Garden District also has some charming shopping and dining spots. At the southern end of the neighborhood, Magazine Street is lined with French bistros, art galleries, and antique shops. Several of New Orleans’s top historical sites are also within walking distance, including Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, and the Ogden Museum of Southern Art.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._
What You Get
- Stay for two in Studio Suite
- Dates into August
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy:
- Taxes: 13% tax added at purchase.
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Seafood restaurant
- Outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- Day spa
- Rooftop sundeck
- Ashley House tours
- Concierge services
- Fitness room
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Date cannot be changed once book; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 96-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- May contact call center at (800) 428-1932 to request a room with two queen beds
- 13% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: N/A
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- Parking: valet parking available for an additional $22.40 per day.
- Rollaways: not available.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available.
- By plane: about 16 miles from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- By cab: about $35 from MSY