Top Reasons to Stay at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
- The resort is located in North Myrtle Beach, and nearby attractions include Barefoot Landing, Alabama Theatre, and several championship golf courses open year-round.
- The resort has seven whirlpools, three outdoor pools, and a three-building aquatic complex with two pools and a lazy river.
- Bay Watch Resort offers several dining options. Visit the onsite Sandtrap Bar and Grill for beer-broiled peel-and-eat shrimp, Angus burgers, and St. Louis–style baby back ribs or the Blue Room Cafe which offers buffet-style meals along the oceanfront.
- Guest rooms have wireless Internet access and private balconies that look out on the Atlantic Ocean. One-bedroom units give guests more room to stretch out, as they come equipped with a full kitchen and a living room.
- Business travelers can take advantage of 6,500 square feet of meeting space and a business center.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Seaside Golf Courses, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
Myrtle Beach is the crown jewel of South Carolina's Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The city was named one of the best vacation spots in the United States for a family by USA Today, in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than a mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into the SkyWheel Ferris wheel’s glass-floored gondolas, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city below.
Less than 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach, the tiny fishing village of Murrells Inlet provides a tranquil contrast to the boardwalk's hustle and bustle. At Brookgreen Gardens, more than 1,400 original sculptures stand amid sprawling floral gardens and massive, moss-covered oak trees that have been around for centuries. Murrells Inlet is also home to the Tom Fazio–designed TPC Myrtle Beach golf course, 1 of more than 100 courses in the area that helped Myrtle Beach earn its title as the seaside golf capital of the world.