Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center
Whether you're in Hagerstown for business or to check out the area's many historic sites, this hotel has a prime location for exploring the area. It's also convenient to the Washington County Museum for Fine Arts and the 100-plus outlet stores at the massive Hagerstown Premium Outlets.
- Piping hot waffles and fresh fruit round out the complimentary deluxe continental breakfast selection.
- Outdoor pool and whirlpool tub surrounded by umbrella-shaded tables
- Extensive wine selection at the hotel's wine cellar and liquor store
- Grab a bite: The hotel is close to a hibachi grill and a Bavarian restaurant.
- Fitness center with cardio and strength training machines.
Hagerstown, Maryland: Historic Monuments and Family-Friendly Downtown
From the early days of the colonies to the Civil War, Hagerstown played a big part in early U.S. history. In fact, one of the most pivotal conflicts of the Civil War took place here, the Battle of Antietam. Today, you see the battle sites and learn about their history at Antietam National Battlefield. The park is also home to Burnside Bridge, which was built over Antietam Creek in 1836.
Washington Monument State Park contains one of the oldest monuments to President George Washington. This stone tower, resembling an old-fashioned milk can, stands at more than 30 feet tall. Weeping willows shade the peaceful walking trails at the historical Hagerstown City Park, which was established more than two centuries ago.
If you're traveling with kids, check out Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum. They can watch model trains chug along, and tinker with locomotive lights and whistles. At Discovery Station, you can play with interactive exhibits and see a collection of historic pipe organs.