Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Inn At The Meadows
Best Western Inn at The Meadows is just 6 miles from downtown Portland, which you can reach in less than 15 minutes by car (parking is free at the hotel). It’s also three blocks from a Yellow Line light-rail stop, a few minutes from Portland International Airport, and steps from the Portland Expo Center and Portland International Raceway.
- Start the day right: You’ll get a hot breakfast that includes eggs, meat, fruit, cereal, and more.
- Take a dip: The hotel has a hot tub.
In-room amenities: Free Wifi and HD cable TV with more than 100 channels, including 90 HD channels
Distance to downtown: 6 miles
Portland, Oregon: Quirky Riverfront City Known for Its City Parks
Extensive bikeways, edgy chefs, indie-rock bands, and progressive environmentalists—counterculture is almost a way of life in Portland. And it’s certainly a source of civic pride. Locals have adopted the slogan “Keep Portland Weird,” which is brandished on bumper stickers in businesses ranging from an art-house movie theater to a donut shop that used to glaze its pastries with NyQuil. The city has always been a little ahead of its time; it was originally planned with strict urban-growth boundaries that left plenty of room for parks and other green spaces. Today, in new developments, shops are built at street level with apartments above them—following a European model that complements Portland’s slightly European, laid-back atmosphere.
The downtown area is a refreshing mix of the traditional and the offbeat: high-rise buildings are interspersed with clothing boutiques and restaurants serving sustainable cuisine. Streets here are narrow and the blocks are compact to encourage walking, which visitors are wont to do to take in the parks, plazas, and fountains. You can also get around the district on a vintage trolley. A popular place to hang out is Pioneer Courthouse Square, a 40,000-square-foot public space often referred to as “Portland’s living room.” In warmer months, the square hosts free shows and festivals, as does Governor Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Located on the west bank of the Willamette River, the waterfront park was named 1 of 10 Great Public Spaces in America in 2012 by the American Planning Association.
Just north of downtown, the Pearl District, formerly a warehouse area, has recently sprouted a bevy of art galleries and specialty shops housed in lofts. It’s also one of the best bets for a good night out in the city, especially if you’re looking for a solid craft beer. Portland boasts one of the largest collections of microbreweries in the country, and a good number of them can be found in this neighborhood.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a one-king or two-queen room
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 14.5% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points.14.5% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night per additional guest.
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $20 per night in queen rooms only
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 100 lbs. may be added for an additional $20 per night to first-floor rooms.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available; call hotel with accessibility requests.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 8 miles from Portland International Airport (PDX)
- By cab: about $35 from PDX