Hotel at a Glance: Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn
Winner of a TripAdvisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence, the Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn is just a 15-minute drive from downtown Richmond. The hotel is located in the fast-growing suburb of Glen Allen. Ranked #66 on Money magazine's list of Best Places to Live, the tiny 'burb boasts a new baseball stadium and renowned golf clubs.
- Start the day right: The hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast every morning
- Dine-in: Spacious suite accommodations come equipped with full kitchens
- Jettison stress: King Jacuzzi Suites feature stress-melting jacuzzi tubs
- Distance to the Virginia State Capitol Building: about 10 miles
- Waffles all day: The hotel is located across the street from a Waffle House
Richmond, Virginia: Historical City with Classic Architecture and Trendy Neighborhoods
Richmond is the capital of Virginia and an important site in the nation's history. At St. John's Church, colonial leader Patrick Henry famously proclaimed "Give me liberty, or give me death." Thomas Jefferson himself designed the Virginia Capitol Building, which become the architectural standard for all other state capitols. During the Civil War, the city also briefly served as the capital of the Confederate States of America. On Broad Street, The Museum of the Confederacy recounts the period’s history and displays military artifacts such as Stonewall Jackson's forage cap and Robert E. Lee's field tent.
Just north of downtown is the historic Fan District, named for the "fan" shape of its streets. You can find well-preserved Victorian mansions in the Italianate, Queen-Anne, and Colonial-Revival styles throughout the 85-block district. Locals come here for the trendy cafes and boutiques.