Family-Friendly Hotel Close to Napa Valley Wineries
Just a block from Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn you’ll find the 8-acre Sonoma Plaza, a National Historic Landmark. It was the site of the 1846 Bear Flag Revolt and houses the Mission San Francisco Solano, which was built in 1823. Many consider the vineyards in the area the birthplace of California winemaking, a tradition that continues today in Sonoma Plaza’s many wine-tasting rooms. While staying at the Best Western Plus, you’ll be just 20 minutes from the world-famous vineyards of Napa Valley.
The hotel is family-friendly and spacious. You can spend time relaxing in the heated, saltwater pool or gazebo-covered hot tub, or enjoy views of the central courtyard from your guest room’s private balcony. The room featured in this deal has a seating area facing a wood-burning fireplace—a nice perk for Sonoma’s chilly winter evenings. This getaway also includes two passes for wine tastings at Sonoma vineyards such as Paradise Ridge Winery, Landmark Vineyards, and VJB Vineyards & Cellars. Wineries are subject to change.
Sonoma Valley, California: Relaxed Wine Country and Majestic Redwoods
Located about an hour north of San Francisco, Sonoma Valley earned the title of TripAdvisor's top wine destination in 2012. The mild climate allows vintners to grow cool-weather varietals such as pinot noir and chardonnay, but some areas of the valley are ideal for growing hot-weather vines, too.
Follow 17 miles of country roads connecting the sleepy hamlet of Kenwood to the Carneros appellation, and you'll find more than 40 boutique wineries, most of them small and family owned. Many are tucked into oak forests and wildflower meadows. Compared to the neighboring Napa Valley (about 17 miles from the hotel), Sonoma feels a little more relaxed and remote. The wineries here are generally secluded, and tasting rooms tend to be uncrowded—even on weekends.
Even if you aren't visiting for the vineyards, Sonoma Valley's gentle climate and diverse natural landscape make it worth the trip. Hiking trails wind past redwood trees as high as skyscrapers, and the Russian River provides prime canoeing opportunities.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
- VIP wine tasting for two
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Outdoor pool and hot tub
- Fitness center and sauna
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in; 21 or older to consume alcohol
- Not valid with reward points
- 10% room occupancy tax, .065% CA travel and tourism tax, and 2% Sonoma tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Garden Fireplace Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 16 or older; kids 15 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $15 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may be added for an additional $20 per night.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available at check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: about 57 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO); about 59 miles from Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- By cab: about $160 from SFO
- By car: about 21 miles southeast of Santa Rosa, CA
The Groupon Guide to: Talking to Celebrities
Everyone knows that celebrities are just as excited to see you in real life as you are to see them. Here are the best ways to initiate conversations with your favorite stars of stage and screen:
"Hi, I loved you in [name of movie or chef competition]. Speaking of love, would you ever consider playing tennis with me, a fan? Speaking of fans, have you ever been on one of those weird boats in the Everglades?"
"Whoa! It's you! My parents are always trying to tell me you aren't real and that you're one of those computer-generated cartoons like Shriek from Shriek 2. You should talk to them. They're at the other end of this rope."
"Hey, you're from that movie where the characters ate the pizza! Will you autograph this coupon for free breadsticks with the purchase of a large eight-meat?"
"You must hear this all the time, but I've gotta ask. Is that your real hair?" [tug hair jokingly] [tug again depending on response]
"Where do I know you from? Don't tell me. Don't ever tell me. I need to do this myself. I can't say for sure what would happen if you told me."