Top Reasons to Stay at Cambridge Suites Hotel Halifax
- The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Halifax, within walking distance of restaurants and other activities along the waterfront.
- Enjoy views of the harbor and Citadel Hill—a star-shaped fortress—from the rooftop patio.
- Dine on local, pan-seared haddock, root-beer-braised Nova Scotia beef brisket, and other regional specialties at the onsite restaurant, Bridges. The restaurant also serves a free continental breakfast every morning.
- Staff members lead morning runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A rooftop fitness center features a sauna, a hot tub, and views of downtown Halifax.
- All suites have flat-screen TVs and small kitchens stocked with dishes and utensils.
Halifax, Nova Scotia: Municipality with Sea-Faring History
Frommer’s calls Halifax the “commercial and financial hub of the Maritimes.” Halifax is steeped in history and filled with notable landmarks, but thanks to its large student population, the community feels youthful and progressive.
At the heart of Halifax is its natural harbor, the second largest in the world after Sydney, Australia’s. For up-close views, head to the Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk. The wooden footpath runs about a mile along the downtown waterfront, which is lined with pubs, fish ‘n’ chips shops, and boutiques. At the boardwalk’s center is the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Canada’s oldest and largest maritime museum. Here, you can peruse exhibits detailing local shipwrecks, the infamous Halifax explosion of 1917, and the city’s golden era of shipbuilding.
Halifax also encompasses hundreds of acres of public parks, including the Victorian-era Halifax Public Gardens. Step through the 19th-century wrought-iron gates to explore the meticulously landscaped gardens accented by bridges, fountains, and a pond that serves as the summer anchorage for a miniature model of the Titanic. Just around the corner is the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site of Canada, perched upon a hill overlooking the harbor. The citadel harks back to Halifax’s colonial days when it was an important British outpost.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
“Great location, very clean & modern rooms. Good breakfast.”
“Wish parking was included - rooms cost enough - would be a nice perk.”
“I've stayed at a number of hotels in Halifax and Cambridge Suites is my first preference. Nice rooms, great staff and easy walking distance to everything. Two thumbs...”
“I've stayed at a number of hotels in Halifax and Cambridge Suites is my first preference. Nice rooms, great staff and easy walking distance to everything. Two thumbs up:-) ”
Cambridge Suites Hotel
1583 Brunswick St
Halifax, NS B3J 3P5