Clearwater Resort Close to Beach and Major Attractions
Though Florida has many beautiful beaches, Fodor’s named the ones in Clearwater on its list of the The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East, citing their “gorgeous white sand” and “shallow waters that are clear and warm.” Camelot Resort is just a short walk from the beach, as well as from Sunsets at Pier 60, a daily festival filled with local crafters, street performers, and live music held atop a pier that juts out over the sparkling water.
Inside the hotel, each of the rooms has a different theme: the Beachy rooms have beds with palm-tree-print comforters; Victorian furnishings abound in the Elegant rooms; and in the Intimate room, your high-school diary pages paper the walls. The rooms are complete with full kitchens with granite countertops and cookware. Outside, there’s a small, heated pool surrounded by deck chairs. For more privacy, you can head to the crow’s nest or the rooftop sun deck.
Clearwater, Florida: Home of Florida’s Best Family Beach
Clearwater lies just north of St. Petersburg, on the sugary sands along the Gulf of Mexico; it’s a popular spot for boating and swimming. A 30-minute drive away is Caladesi Island State Park, where you can fish or kayak near 3-mile trails that wind through mangroves and bays. Just more than a mile from the resort sits the Clearwater Aquarium, home to one of Clearwater’s biggest celebrities—Winter the dolphin, who starred in A Dolphin’s Tale alongside Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd.
Downtown St. Petersburg has upscale dining and shopping right along the seashore. If you can’t decide between beach and retail, head to Pass-A-Grille where the two worlds collide: there’s an outdoor art market, boutiques, and an ice-cream shop right on the seashore.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Heated pool
- Rooftop sun deck
- Barbecue grills
- Fully furnished kitchens
- Free WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- 12% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two double beds, one queen bed, or one queen bed with Murphy bed/sleeper sofa/single bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3 for one-bedroom; 4 for two-bedroom
- Adding occupants above standard: $15 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; $10 per night for each additional guest 17 or younger with more than 1 child (first child stays free)
- Full kitchen with granite countertops, gas stove, and cookware
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 25 pounds may be added for $25 per stay.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: upgrade to a one-bedroom unit for an additional $30 per night.
- By plane: 13 miles from St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (PIE); 21 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- By cab: about $35 from PIE; about $50 from TPA
- By car: about 24 miles northwest of St. Petersburg; about 25 miles west of Tampa
The Groupon Guide to: Horses
If you've ever ridden a horse, you know that they are nature's beautiful secret keepers and that all of the mysteries of the universe are revealed in the places a horse will take you. If you haven’t ridden a horse, then you are not really alive. Here are some facts about these gorgeous earth rumblers:
Mane: A horse's mane looks a lot like long, beautiful female hair. In fact, many early explorers who encountered horses but didn't know what they were referred to them in letters as "huge, swift Rapunzels."
Snout: A horse's long, slender face resembles that of a posh, refined elderly woman. In fact, people of the Victorian era were known to refer to the horse as "the agreeable widow."
Eyes: A horse's big, watery eyes will allow you to see straight into its angelic soul. Horses are the most honest animals.
Legs: A horse's strong, muscular legs make running and jumping look effortless. In fact, David Argless, the man who invented control-top stockings in 1952, once called horses "the ultimate stocking models."