Stay at Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina in Greater Charleston, SC
Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina - Greater Charleston, SC
Family-Friendly Resort with Harbor Views
There's a statue of a leaping marlin at the top of the water fountain in front of Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina. It's a tribute to an 881-pound blue marlin caught in the resort's private marina—the largest fish of its kind ever snagged in South Carolina. The marina is the center of the action here. You can sit on the harbor and look out to Fort Sumter and the Charleston skyline as sailboats, schooners, and yachts come in—just one reason Condé Nast Johansens called the resort “not only a luxury retreat but also a recreational playground for both adults and children.” The marina also features its own concierge service, a floating dock, and access to a private beach.
A solid-teak bar made from the wood of an old sunken ship is on display at The Reel Bar, which serves casual bar fare amid old-fashioned tackle gear and antique dinner bibs made of fishnets. A companion restaurant, Charleston Harbor Fish House, serves seafood-centric fare with a southern twist, while guests can purchase souvenirs in the recently opened marina store, located in the 2,100-square-foot Blue Marlin Fish House. All guest rooms are decorated with bright colors and a nautical motif, and each comes with a TV.
One of Charleston’s biggest draws is its year-round golf. The resort is located right next to the William Byrd–designed Patriots Point Links, which offers spectacular views of the harbor and the city. Test your golfing prowess at the par-3, 150-yard 17th hole with an island green, considered one of the best par 3s in the area.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina: Shallow Saltwater Bays and Naval History near Charleston
Situated near downtown Charleston, Mount Pleasant is lined with shallow bays and creeks. A half mile from the hotel, you can find the Patriots Point Maritime and Naval Museum, which houses the antisubmarine aircraft carrier USS Yorktown. Visitors can explore the flight deck, engine room, and wardroom of this 888-foot centerpiece, or check out any of 25 eclectic aircraft.
Just across the harbor is Charleston, which you can easily access via the New Cooper River Bridge. Charleston was recently named one of the country’s best historic destinations by U.S. News & World Report. Georgian mansions line the waterfront, the spires of colonial-era churches punctuate the skyline, and horse-drawn carriages frequently clop along its cobblestone streets. You can get an added sense of the city’s history by visiting a number of preserved period buildings and national historic landmarks such as the Battery & White Point Gardens, a living Civil War museum with Confederate cannons and views of Fort Sumter, Charleston Harbor, and a double-parked Camry.
More recently, Charleston has merged its Old South identity with a strong arts-and-culture scene. The streets, once overrun with aristocrats, are now lined with top-tier art galleries and antique stores, and you can catch live jazz performances at night. Step out onto King Street to browse third-generation clothiers that have set up shop in historic landmark buildings. The city's reputation as a major culinary destination has been reaffirmed by the James Beard Foundation, which has named a different Charleston chef the best in the southeast three out of the past four years.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a traditional or deluxe room
- Daily breakfast for two
- Dates into September
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable.
- Taxes: 12.5% tax added at purchase
- Additional fees: $12 resort fee per day paid at check-in
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- Private beach and harbor
- Onsite restaurant and bar
- Pool and jacuzzi
- Trolley and water taxi
- Free parking
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- $12 resort fee per day paid at check-in
- 12.5% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In All Included Rooms
- One king bed or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2 in king rooms; 4 in queen rooms
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; guests 17 or younger stay free
- Flat-screen TVs
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: wireless Internet access, four-hour bike rentals, trolley service, free parking, coffee in the lobby, daily treats, and other activities
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request; call the property to arrange.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 14 miles from Charleston International Airport (CHS)
- By cab: about $35 from CHS
- By car: about 6 miles east of Charleston