Top Reasons to Visit Chateau Resort
- Situated at the base of Camelback Mountain, this AAA Three Diamond resort is close to many of the region’s top attractions.
- After a day of exploring the Poconos, you can unwind with a hot-stone or lomilomi massage with onsite spa services.
- The Mountainview Restaurant & Lounge serves seafood, steaks, and pasta dishes amid views of Camelback Mountain.
- You’ll get equally impressive views from mountain-view guest rooms, as well as free WiFi. Some rooms have private balconies.
- You can splash around in Chateau Resort’s indoor pool.
Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains: Skiing and Other Outdoor Fun near Quaint Mountain Towns
The Poconos region of northeastern Pennsylvania encompasses some 2,400 square miles of mountains. The area has been a popular vacation destination ever since Pennsylvania Quakers opened a hotel here on the Delaware River in 1829. Today, the Poconos draw nearly 24 million annual visitors, thanks to year-round recreational opportunities and spectacular natural scenery.
Chateau Resort enjoys a unique spot at the base of Camelback Mountain, one of the area's most popular spots for winter fun. In addition to offering downhill skiing, the mountain has a terrain park for snowboarding and more than 40 lanes set aside for snow tubing. Other popular cold-weather activities include ice skating and cross-country skiing.
A handful of quaint little towns full of antique shops and galleries nestle in the mountains. While you're in the area, you can court Lady Luck at the Mount Airy Casino or hunt for bargains at The Crossings Premium Outlets, which are home to a hundred stores, including J. Crew, Calvin Klein, and more.