Top Reasons to Stay at Chicago’s Essex Inn
- The hotel is within walking distance of the Museum Campus, a lakefront park that’s home to the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and The Field Museum.
- The hotel runs a free scheduled shuttle to the high-end shops of the Magnificent Mile, the Museum Campus, Navy Pier, and other downtown attractions. Within a few blocks of the hotel, you can also catch buses and trains to other parts of the city.
- A rooftop garden with a covered, all-season pool overlooks Lake Michigan and Grant Park.
- All guest rooms have free WiFi, refrigerators, LCD flat-screen TVs, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- The onsite Brasserie by LM serves duck confit, croque-monsieur, and other French dishes in a contemporary dining room.
- With dates available into December, the Christmas package allows guests to finish their holiday shopping early and take advantage of a free shuttle to and from Michigan Avenue shopping destinations all the way to the John Hancock Center.
Chicago's South Loop: Historic Downtown Neighborhood Near World-Class Museums and Lake Michigan
A cultural renaissance in recent years has seen Chicago's South Loop turn into one of the city's most vibrant residential and industrial centers. The downtown neighborhood is bordered on the north by Printer's Row, a two-block stretch along Dearborn Street once known as the printing capital of the Midwest. Here you'll find some of the buildings that made Chicago one of the world's leaders in architecture in the 1880s and '90s—a title it's held ever since.
To the east lies Lake Michigan and the Museum Campus, a 57-acre lakefront park home to the city's trio of natural-sciences museums. The Field Museum houses more than 21 million artifacts, including its most famous resident, Sue, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex fossil ever unearthed. Bullfrogs, beluga whales, and moon jellies dwell at Shedd Aquarium, and stargazers will want to make a stop at Adler Planetarium, the first of its kind in the Western Hemisphere.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
75% of 106 customers recommend
“Great location! It was clean and nice!”
“The staff was very friendly and helpful! It was a nice hotel stay with many things to do close by. ”
“Great customer service and location. Okay rooms”
800 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605