Top Reasons to Stay at Chicago’s Essex Inn
- The hotel is within walking distance of the Museum Campus, a lakefront park that’s home to the Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, and The Field Museum.
- The hotel runs a free scheduled shuttle to the high-end shops of the Magnificent Mile, the Museum Campus, Navy Pier, and other downtown attractions. Within a few blocks of the hotel, you can also catch buses and trains to other parts of the city.
- A rooftop garden with a covered, all-season pool overlooks Lake Michigan and Grant Park.
- All guest rooms have free WiFi, refrigerators, LCD flat-screen TVs, and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- The onsite Brasserie by LM serves duck confit, croque-monsieur, and other French dishes in a contemporary dining room.
- With dates available into December, the Christmas package allows guests to finish their holiday shopping early and take advantage of a free shuttle to and from Michigan Avenue shopping destinations all the way to the John Hancock Center.
Chicago's South Loop: Historic Downtown Neighborhood Near World-Class Museums and Lake Michigan
A cultural renaissance in recent years has seen Chicago's South Loop turn into one of the city's most vibrant residential and industrial centers. The downtown neighborhood is bordered on the north by Printer's Row, a two-block stretch along Dearborn Street once known as the printing capital of the Midwest. Here you'll find some of the buildings that made Chicago one of the world's leaders in architecture in the 1880s and '90s—a title it's held ever since.
To the east lies Lake Michigan and the Museum Campus, a 57-acre lakefront park home to the city's trio of natural-sciences museums. The Field Museum houses more than 21 million artifacts, including its most famous resident, Sue, the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex fossil ever unearthed. Bullfrogs, beluga whales, and moon jellies dwell at Shedd Aquarium, and stargazers will want to make a stop at Adler Planetarium, the first of its kind in the Western Hemisphere.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Stay for two in a standard double or king room
- Beach/pool package or Christmas package
- Dates into December
Beach/pool package includes:
- Beach bag
Christmas package includes:
- Shopping tote
- Surprise gift
- Discounts at Magnificent Mile stores
- Complimentary gift wrapping at hotel
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy & fees: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 16.4% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Free scheduled shuttle to downtown attractions
- Rooftop garden with a covered, all-season pool
- French restaurant onsite
- Fitness center
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- 16.4% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Standard Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; guests 17 or younger stay free
Standard King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for an additional guest 18 or older; guests 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: valet available for an additional $48 per day
- Rollaways: available for an additional $20 per night
- Smoking policy: smoking rooms may be available upon request; inquire before booking.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available at check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: about 10 miles from Midway International Airport (MDW); about 20 miles from O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- By transit: CTA Orange Line from MDW, Roosevelt stop; CTA Blue Line from ORD, LaSalle stop
- By cab: about $25 from MDW; about $40 from ORD
- Onsite valet parking is $48 per night with unlimited in/out privileges.
- The hotel will store your luggage for free prior to check-in and after checkout.