Top Reasons to Stay at Crown Reef Resort
- Located just a few miles south of Myrtle Beach’s main drag, Crown Reef Resort is a convenient oceanfront hotel. Its perks include a complimentary shuttle to and from Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR).
- When the weather warms up, you can enjoy several outdoor pools or take a ride on the 575-foot lazy river. There’s also an indoor heated pool open year round.
- The onsite Crown Café offers a breakfast breakfast buffet featuring omelets, fresh fruit, and pancakes.
- You can sip cocktails and snack on burgers, hot dogs, and nachos at the seasonal Pool Bar & Grill.
- There are nice views of the Atlantic Ocean from the private balcony of each oceanfront queen efficiency room; all guest rooms are also equipped with TVs, fully equipped kitchens, and complimentary WiFi.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Seaside Golf Courses, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
Myrtle Beach is the crown jewel of South Carolina’s Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The city was named one of the best vacation spots in the United States for a family by USA Today, in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than a mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into the SkyWheel Ferris wheel’s glass-floored gondolas, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city below.
Less than 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach, the tiny fishing village of Murrells Inlet provides a tranquil contrast to the boardwalk’s hustle and bustle. At Brookgreen Gardens, more than 1,400 original sculptures stand amid sprawling floral gardens and massive, moss-covered oak trees that have been around for centuries. Murrells Inlet is also home to the Tom Fazio–designed TPC Myrtle Beach golf course, one of more than 100 courses in the area that helped Myrtle Beach earn its title as the seaside golf capital of the world.