Top Reasons to Stay at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport
- The hotel is just a 15-minute drive from the Alamo and the River Walk in downtown San Antonio.
- A free airport shuttle makes it easy to get to and from San Antonio International Airport.
- Guest rooms provide a comfortable retreat with plush bedding, 37-inch flat-screen TVs, microwaves, refrigerators, and free WiFi.
- Guests have access to a heated swimming pool and hot tub ringed with cushioned lounge chairs, as well as an outdoor basketball court.
- You can work out in a 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment, weight machines, and complimentary towels.
- You can dine on steaks, hearty sandwiches, and regional specialties in a dining room with Southwestern flair at Cilantro! Oven, the onsite restaurant.
San Antonio, Texas: Historic Missions near Picturesque River Walk
In the late 1920s, architect Robert H. H. Hugman designed an urban park around the San Antonio River—a space he envisioned as an American version of Venice, where people could shop and dine along the waterfront. Completed in 1941, the 2.5-mile river walk still serves as a vital artery in the heart of San Antonio as it wends its way past cafés, hotels, bars, and shops.
Located one story below street level, the waterway is flanked on either side by stone pathways, quiet waterfalls, and towering cypress trees. The winding river-walk path reveals little surprises along the way, such as picturesque restaurants, public art installations, and cardboard cutouts of Davy Crockett. A new extension connects the river walk to the four-story San Antonio Museum of Art, where you'll find more than 25,000 sculptures and paintings that range from Roman antiquities to contemporary art.
Also neighboring the river walk is the Alamo. Thanks to the 1836 battle that made it a symbol of Texas independence, the Alamo has become the most visited tourist site in the state. It's actually one of five historic Spanish missions clustered around the San Antonio River. The largest, Mission San José, lies just 5 miles south of downtown. Its famed rose window is once again on display following an extensive renovation.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
Stay for up to four in a two-queen room, with optional breakfast.
- Free airport shuttle
- Outdoor, heated pool and hot tub
- 24-hour fitness center
- Onsite restaurant and cocktail lounge
- Free WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 24hr cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Not valid with reward points
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 16.75% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for no additional charge
- Smoking policy: smoking rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: about 1 mile from San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
- By cab: about $15 from SAT, including tip
- By shuttle: free hotel shuttle to and from SAT
- By car: about 72 miles from Austin, TX
The Groupon Guide to: Yo-Yo Tricks
Any fool with one working hand can drag their yo-yo across the kitchen floor in a crudely approximate pantomime of “walking one’s dog.” But it takes a real Yo-Yo Ma (short for Yo-Yo Master) to pull off these incredible tricks:
- The Upsy Does It
- The Tall Drink of Water
- The Kiss from a Yo-Yose
- The Wake-Up Call I Needed
- The String Theory (only yo-yo trick that is entirely string based; yo-yo does not enter into equation)
- The Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- The Shape of Things to Come
- The Knock a Cigarette out of a Teen’s Mouth (They’ll Thank You for It)
- Walk the Dog but Blindfolded