Hotel at a Glance: Edelweiss Lodge
- Warm welcome: You'll receive a welcome basket with home-baked cookies and information about the area.
- Dog lovers: Pups get welcome baskets of their own with supplies and treats; click to see the lodge's pet policy.
- Decked-out cabins: The lodge's 10 units feature wood-burning stoves with glass fronts, fully equipped kitchenettes, and cable TV.
- Let off steam in the four-person jacuzzi.
- Fire up the grill: There are outdoor barbecues on the property.
Mammoth Lakes, California: Natural Playground amid Mountains and Lakes
Mammoth Lakes lies amid a breathtaking landscape of rugged mountains and glacial lakes in eastern California. It's a natural playground for skiers and snowboarders, who head to the 11,000-foot Mammoth Mountain. In warmer months, the resort is a popular destination for fishing or hiking through meadows filled with wildflowers. After a day exploring the wilderness. you can unwind in one of the area's natural hot springs or head downtown to visit casual bistros and sip locally crafted beers.