Hotel at a Glance: Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort
Rising up over the sandy coastline of Panama City Beach, Edgewater Beach and Golf Resort is practically a seaside city unto itself. Three high-rises surround a cluster of pools, whirlpools, and lagoons, some of which are dotted with miniature islands and roar with waterfalls. Just beyond the pools is the beach that shares its name with the city.
- Dine in: There's a handful of dining venues onsite and nearby including Firefly, and spacious suites come equipped with full kitchens, refrigerators, and microwaves.
- Tee off: Two golf courses add up to 36 holes of entertainment.
- Grand slam: Play on six all-weather Plexicushion tennis courts, lighted for night play.
- Look as good as you feel: The onsite salon offers a range of beautifying services, perfect before a night out.
- Wellness and fitness center: Enjoy a massage or do work on an elliptical machine.
Panama City Beach, Florida: Sugar-White Beaches, Spring Breakers, and Scuba-Diving Spots
Panama City Beach’s slogan—“The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches”—may seem boastful. But TripAdvisor helped back up this claim in 2013, naming the local St. Andrews State Park as having 1 of the top 25 beaches in the United States. The park also has two fishing piers, a jetty, and a boat ramp, plus nature trails for bird watching. Elsewhere in town, you can arrange a scuba-diving trip to explore the area’s dozens of natural and artificial reefs.
Every March and April, spring breakers descend on the white-sand beaches and fill the streets outside dance clubs. The rest of the year, however, the atmosphere is more relaxed and geared toward families. There are numerous amusement parks along the 20-plus miles of shoreline. Many of the popular seafood restaurants and bars here overlook the Gulf of Mexico.
If you’re looking to escape the crowds, take the ferry to Shell Island, an uninhabited, 7-mile-long barrier island. On the ride over, you might see some of the bottlenose dolphins that frequent these warm waters. Once there, you can soak in the sun on the empty beaches and go snorkeling. It’s also worth it to visit the nature preserve at Conservation Park, which has 24 miles of trails. One 11-mile trek goes past wooden boardwalks and wetlands; keep your eyes peeled and you might see woodpeckers in the trees and alligators lurking beside cypresses.
What You Get
- Stay for four in a golf-view one-bedroom villa or gulf-front standard one-bedroom suite, or six in a golf-view two-bedroom villa or gulf-front standard two-bedroom suite
- One round of golf per stay at the Hombre Golf Club
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 9-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable.
- Taxes: 12.615% tax added at purchase
- Additional fees: $45 damage waiver fee, and $85–$105 cleaning fee ($85 for a one-bedroom, $105 for a two-bedroom) paid at check-in. 5% reservation fee added at purchase.
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Date cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 9-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 25 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $45 damage waiver fee, and $85-$105 cleaning fee ($85 for a one-bedroom, $105 for a two-bedroom) paid at check-in
- 5% reservation fee and 12.615% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Golf-View One-Bedroom Villa or Gulf-Front Standard One-Bedroom Suite
- One queen bed and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
Golf-View Two-Bedroom Villa or Gulf-Front Standard Two-Bedroom Suite
- Two queen beds and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 18 miles from Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP)
- By cab: about $50 from ECP
- By car: 108 miles west of Tallahassee