Hotel at a Glance: Eight Gables Inn
This B & B in the Great Smoky Mountains gives guests far more than just a bed and breakfast. For starters, every room is a suite. Most diamond and deluxe suites come with fireplaces and jetted tubs, and many have private balconies as well. A complimentary dessert, such as chocolate cake, is delivered to each room as part of the inn's nightly turndown service. During the day, you’ll find plenty of places to unwind—hammocks, rocking chairs, and gazebos are scattered throughout the property.
- Notable awards: AAA Four Diamond rating and 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Movie night: Pick a movie from the hotel’s DVD library to watch on your flat-screen TV.
- Complimentary three-course hot breakfast: Items such as stuffed crepes and eggs benedict on a ham-stacked croissant. Breakfast menu changes daily.
- Distance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park: 3 miles
- Distance to Downtown Gatlinburg: Less than one mile
Gatlinburg, Tennessee: Mountainside Adventures and Rustic Village Charm
Girded by mountain ranges on all sides, Gatlinburg rests near Tennessee's eastern border, less than 3 miles from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The densely forested peaks abound with recreational activities, including ski resorts, hiking trails, and zipline tours through the picturesque canopy.
Seven miles from the resort you'll find Gatlinburg's main attraction, the artists' loop. It's comprised of more than 100 craft shops, studios, and cafés, and it remains a lively spot to watch artisans at work, hand-weaving baskets and whittling wooden figurines with their front teeth. This rustic charm extends to downtown Gatlinburg, a mountain village filled with old-fashioned ice-cream shops and boutiques purveying homemade jams and decorative gewgaws.