Old-Hollywood Charm and Poolside Dining at Historical Resort
In the late 1950s, Hollywood stars would escape to the Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa, a Sonoma Valley Winery getaway modeled on the famous Las Vegas hotel of the same name. With its retro neon sign still welcoming visitors today, stepping into the resort feels like stepping into another era. Fodor’s says, “If Don Draper from the hit show Mad Men popped into Santa Rosa, he'd probably park himself in this kitschy, 1950s-style resort.” Just like at its Sin City sibling, curved glass encloses the resort's hallways, and cedars line the polished-flagstone walkways. Guests can take dips in two pools. Despite updates, the Flamingo maintains its vintage luster and has been recognized as an official historic landmark in Santa Rosa.
In the lobby, a crystal chandelier hangs over pastel floor stools, and a Charlie Brown statue—in honor of Santa Rosa native Charles Schulz—greets new arrivals. Rooms circle around the well-manicured gardens and the outdoor swimming pool. The hotel’s executive king rooms and newly renovated suites provide plenty of space to stretch out, with the suites including separate bedrooms and living rooms.
Next to the outdoor pool, the Terrace Grille serves locally sourced cuisine on its shaded patio. The Flamingo Lounge rotates its lineup of music and dance entertainment and plays West Coast swing every Tuesday night. This Getaway also includes two daily admissions to the adjacent Montecito Heights Health and Racquet Club, home to five outdoor tennis courts, a lap pool, and a signed copy of Lou Ferrigno’s dissertation. There’s also a European-style spa at Montecito.
Santa Rosa, California: Cultural Hub Close to Sonoma Valley Wineries
Located in the heart of Northern California's Sonoma Valley wine country, Santa Rosa acts as a hub for the area's most popular vineyards in Sonoma, Russian River, and Dry Creek Valley. About 15 minutes from the hotel, Paradise Ridge Winery’s grounds are almost as much of an attraction as the wine with panoramic views of the Russian River Valley in their two tasting rooms. The winery serves handcrafted varietals ranging from sauvignon blanc to cabernet sauvignon.
About a half-hour’s drive from Santa Rosa, at Jack London State Historic Park, walk through the redwood forest that inspired the author of The Call of the Wild and White Fang. Just to the east of the city, Annadel State Park’s Lake Ilsanjo is popular for anglers fishing for black bass and bluegill.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
Each option includes:
- Daily health-club admission for two
- $5 discount per person on warm yoga/indoor cycle Studios
- One heated lap pool until April 1, two heated outdoor pools after April 1
- Poolside restaurant
- World-class health club and spa
- Five outdoor tennis courts; free with required sole.
- Live bands at the Flamingo Lounge on weekends
- Salsa dancing on Sundays
- Free parking
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Must provide first and last name upon purchase, which will be provided to Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Not valid with reward points
- 14% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In all Included Rooms
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; no charge for additional guests 12 or younger
Executive King Room
- One king bed and one pullout sofa bed
- One queen bed or one king bed
- Select rooms have sofa bed
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $15 per night
- Pet policy: pets may be added for an additional $50 per stay; arrange by calling the hotel.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the hotel.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 11 miles from Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport (STS)
- By transit: CityBus #4, Fourth Street at Farmers Lane stop
- By cab: about $25 from STS
- The resort is walking distance to Montgomery Village Wine Country’s upscale shopping with 75+ boutiques, shops, & restaurants. A $10 gift certificate towards those shops is given out with each stay.
The Groupon Guide to: Loudly Agreeing
Most parties, sports-radio calls, and conversations with cab drivers quickly devolve into two or more people loudly agreeing with each other. Put an interesting spin on your affirmations with one or more of these agreement-indicating catch phrases:
- You know it!
- It’s like I’ve been saying!
- Couldn’t have said it better myself!
- Someone call the Right Police because you are correct about the thing you just said.
- [In a restaurant-host voice] Person making a good point, party of one!
- I’m nodding so vigorously I might pass out!
- Great minds think alike—and great friends hug to prove it!