Four Points by Sheraton in Historic Savannah
Four Points by Sheraton in Historic Savannah - Savannah, GA
Four Points by Sheraton in the Heart of Savannah’s Historic District
Those who stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Historic Savannah don’t need a car—the hotel, ensconced in an old brick building, is within walking distance of all of Savannah’s biggest attractions. It sits on the edge of the historic district, just steps away from the cobblestone paths of River Street, Broughton Street, and City Market, the city’s commercial and social center since the 1700s.
Some of the city’s best restaurants and bars are right around the corner, but you don’t need to leave the hotel to find great food. Eli’s Restaurant resides on the premises and serves American cuisine in a casual environment for breakfast and dinner. There’s also Piano Lounge, an intimate piano bar where you can enjoy after-dinner cocktails while a musician tickles the ivories.
You can take in views of downtown Savannah and the Talmadge Bridge from many of the guest rooms here; all 127 are smoke-free and feature warm earth tones. Or settle in to watch your favorite shows on the 30-inch flat-screen TV. The hotel prides itself on finding small ways to make your stay more pleasurable; in each room you’ll find complimentary bottled water and WiFi.
Savannah, Georgia: Historical Mansions and a Lively River Walk
Founded in 1733 as Georgia's first town, Savannah has lots of old but well-preserved architecture that helped it land on Forbes’s 2011 list of America's Best Downtowns. You can see this in the city's 22 famous public squares, which play host to some famous landmarks, such as antebellum-era houses framed by moss-covered oak trees. Head to Oglethorpe Square to see the Owens-Thomas House, an English Regency–style mansion completed in 1819 that now serves as a museum; tours here depart from the original carriage house and go past its charming English-style parterre garden.
Another relic of Savannah's past, River Street curves for about a mile along Savannah River's south bank. The cobblestone walkways are lined with 100-year-old cotton warehouses that have been converted into antique shops, brewpubs, and galleries. Explore the riverfront in style aboard one of the Old Town sightseeing trolleys or during a horse-drawn carriage tour. Though the street is tamer than it was a few decades ago⎯when it was overrun with muscle cars and rowdy sailors⎯there's still plenty of energy here, with a lively pub scene and views of large ships lumbering toward the dock.
A five-minute walk west will take you to City Market, a four-block public meeting space on the edge of downtown. This section of Savannah’s sprawling historic district has established itself as one of the city's top destinations for entertainment and dining thanks to the many artists' studios, open-air restaurants, and taverns found here.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Piano bar
- Library and business center
- Heated outdoor pool (seasonal)
- Sun deck
- Exercise facility
- Free WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must provide first and last name upon purchase, which will be provided to Four Points by Sheraton in Historic Savannah
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- 13% tax and $1 daily occupancy tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
In all Included Rooms
- 30-inch LCD flat-screen TV with cable and pay-per-view movies
- Free WiFi
Traditional King Rooms
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check-in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: valet parking available for an additional $15 per day
- Rollaways: available for $10 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request; must call hotel directly.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 10 miles from Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- By cab: about $25 from SAV
- By car: about 108 miles southwest of Charleston, South Carolina; about 139 miles north of Jacksonville, Florida
The Groupon Guide to: New Roller Coasters
It's still early, but it looks like 2013 will go down in history as the year of the roller coaster. Here are some roller coasters that are debuting soon:
- Kung Fu Panda: the Ride
- Kung Fu Panda: a Roller Coaster
- Kung Fu Panda: a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (the Aerosmith roller coaster but all songs used for the ride were rerecorded by Aerosmith while they were wearing panda costumes)
- Kung Fu Panda: the Panda Rides among Us (on This Roller Coaster)
- Kung Fu Panda 3: the Ride Based on an Early Draft of an Unproduced Screenplay
- Panda Drop (not based on Kung Fu Panda—riders are just dropped into a cage with a bunch of pandas)
- Lung Flu Amanda: America's Most Contagious Roller Coaster