Outdoor Adventure and Locally Sourced Cuisine on Mirror Lake
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort is set along the banks of Mirror Lake in the northern Adirondack Mountains village of Lake Placid. This location puts guests in the perfect spot for enjoying the area’s popular outdoor activities, including downhill skiing on nearby Whiteface Mountain, ice-fishing, dogsledding, and cross-country skiing on nearby Mirror Lake or at Mount Van Hoevenberg. Starting in the spring, the mountains and lakes attract hikers and kayakers. After a day spent taking in the natural surroundings, you'll find plenty to keep you entertained at the tranquil lakeside resort, which boasts an indoor pool, hot tubs, and a restaurant.
Lakeside guest rooms offer picturesque views of Mirror Lake and the Adirondack Mountains from private balconies and patios. The rooms feature natural-wood furnishings and are designed to feel like a home away from home, with Keurig coffeemakers, free WiFi, and in-room video-game systems.
In keeping with the resort’s eco-friendly practices, the onsite restaurant, Generations, uses locally grown produce and farm-raised meats. The dinner menu boasts grass-fed bison raised at a local farm and housemade crab cakes. In the summer, chefs grow their own produce on the rooftop garden. You can grab a cocktail at Straight Shot Lounge or trade your skis for dancing shoes and groove to live DJ music at the resort's late-night club, Roomers.
Lake Placid, New York: World-Class Skiing and Small-Town Charm in the Adirondack Mountains
Nestled in northeastern New York's Adirondack Mountains, the village of Lake Placid is actually set on the shores of Mirror Lake, just south of Lake Placid proper. Year-round, folks flock to the area to take advantage of its abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation and to see the site of the "Miracle on Ice" from the 1980 Winter Olympic Games. Less than 10 miles away, Whiteface Mountain ski resort boasts one of the largest vertical drops east of the Rockies for downhill skiing and snowboarding, and ice-fishers can be seen trying their luck on the surface of the lake. Come springtime, winter sports give way to kayaking trips and scenic hikes along leafy backcountry trails.
Along Lake Placid's quaint Main Street, you'll find a string of boutiques and curio shops, along with galleries and workshops where you can watch artisans blowing glass. Wine-tasting rooms and bakeries offer a taste of local flavors.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Restaurant uses local farm-raised ingredients
- Lounge and nightclub
- Indoor pool
- Two whirlpool tubs
- Sauna and steam bath
- Fitness center and racquetball court
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check in
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Guests must notify hotel after reservation to book additional occupants
- 10.75% tax added at purchase
- Two night minimum stay required.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Lakeside Double Room
- Two double or queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 5
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; no charge for guests 12 or younger
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
Included in all rooms
- First floor rooms have doors which open up to the beach, while all other rooms have balconies which overlook the beach
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $20 per night
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may be added for an additional $50 per stay; call ahead to schedule, subject to availability
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request during booking.
- Room upgrades: may be available for an additional cost at booking or check-in; subject to availability
- By plane: about 17 miles from Adirondack Regional Airport (SLK)
- By car: about 65 miles southwest of Burlington, Vermont
- By cab: about $50 from SLK
The Groupon Guide to: Novelty Phones
There's no use having a phone unless, upon first glance, it looks like something else. Here are some of the most popular novelty phones of the last six decades:
- Football phone
- Nerf football phone
- Meatball phone
- Lucille Ball phone
- Governor's ball phone
- Enormous ball of hair and nails phone
- Australian-rules football phone
- The Jerry Lee Lewis Great Ball of Phone™
- Guitar phone