Hotel at a Glance: Gym Club Suites
A former recreation center built in 1903 for miners and their families, the Gym Club Suites now provide loft-style accommodations for vacationers in the historical town of Bisbee. The individually decorated suites sit in Old Bisbee, close to restaurants, shops, and galleries.
- In-suite amenities: fully equipped kitchens, cable TV, and free WiFi
- Taste on tap: Old Bisbee Brewing Company is a three-minute walk from the hotel.
- National distinction: The Bisbee Historic District is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Featured wildlife: Dozens of bird species nearby have been identified by the Southeastern Arizona Bird Observatory.
- Travel time to Queen Mine Tours: three minutes by car and six minutes on foot to the cool underground mine
- Unique to Bisbee: Guests also receive a a complimentary map of The Bisbee 1000, an annual stair climb throughout town, by local artist Judy Perry.
Highlights of Bisbee, Arizona
- Preserved Wild West town: Set in the Mule Mountains, Bisbee swelled in size with the discovery of copper around the turn of the 20th century. After the large-scale mines closed in the 1970s, the town evolved into an artists' colony.
- Hybrid of old and new: Nineteenth-century storefronts and Victorian homes house contemporary art galleries, antique shops, and cafés.
- Old Bisbee resembles a frontier outpost crossed with a European village. Explore the Bisbee Mining and Historical Museum, once the headquarters of the Copper Queen mining company.
- Don a hardhat at Queen Mine Tours to ride a train more than 1,500 feet underground on a tour guided by retired miners.