Top Reasons to Stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston/West Ashley
- Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston/West Ashley is only 8 miles northwest of downtown Charleston and just a short drive from the area’s historic attractions and renowned year-round golf courses.
- Each WiFi-equipped guest room has a cable TV and coffeemaker. Suites come with a separate living area and wet bar with refrigerator and microwave.
- In the morning, enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast, or grab a Hampton on the Run Breakfast Bag (available Monday– Friday) if you’re headed out the door.
- You can keep up a workout routine with the onsite fitness center and outdoor pool.
- Guests can shop at the nearby Citadel Mall, or venture into town to shop for antiques, admire the antebellum architecture, or tour Fort Sumter National Monument.
Charleston, South Carolina: Civil War Monuments and Sophisticated Arts Scene
Charleston, South Carolina, was recently named one of the best historic destinations in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Georgian mansions line the waterfront, the spires of colonial-era churches punctuate the skyline, and horse-drawn carriages frequently clop along its cobblestone streets. You can get an added sense of the city’s history by visiting a number of preserved period buildings and national historic landmarks such as the Battery & White Point Gardens, a living Civil War museum with Confederate cannons and views of Fort Sumter, Charleston Harbor, and a double-parked Camry.
More recently, Charleston has merged its Old South identity with a strong arts-and-culture scene. The streets, once overrun with aristocrats, are now lined with top-tier art galleries and antique stores, and you can catch live jazz performances at night. Step out onto King Street to browse third-generation clothiers that have set up shop in historic landmark buildings. The city's reputation as a major culinary destination has been reaffirmed by the James Beard Foundation, which has named a different Charleston chef the best in the southeast three out of the past four years.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
96% of 53 customers recommend
“Great staff, good breakfast, room was nice, pool area and gym was nice, although we didn't use. ”
“Breakfast assortment was very good , plus early evening wine and appetizers excellent , a very nice experience”
“Good location fro easy access to Charleston and surrounding area.”