Hotel at a Glance: Harrison Lake View Resort
Mountains sit in the backdrop of Harrison Lake View Resort, and you can watch the sun rise over Harrison Lake every morning on a private deck. Indeed, nature is the focal point at this sprawling resort, which resembles a Swiss chateau with its half-timbered gables. The famous Harrison Hot Springs are right nearby, and there are many golf courses, spas, and history museums in the area.
- In-room amenities: full kitchens, fireplaces, and big-screen TVs
- Enjoy the view: each suite has a balcony, some with views of Harrison Lake
- Stay active on the tennis court or in the pool
- Distance from Vancouver: about 130 km (80 miles)
- Tee off: Harrison Resort Golf Course, The Falls Golf Course, and Sandpiper Golf Course are all just minutes from the resort.
Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia: Mountain Views and Adventures on Harrison Lake
Visitors have sought out the healing powers of Harrison Hot Springs since the mid-19th century, when European settlers stumbled upon the warm mineral waters. In the past 150 years, a charming village—about a 90-minute drive from Vancouver—has been built up around the hot springs and adjacent Harrison Lake. Check out Kilby Historic Site to see a century-old general store, farm animals, and costumed actors that re-create life in the early 1900s (open seasonally). There's also a strong artistic presence in the village. Ranger Station Public Art Gallery features contemporary photography and eclectic paintings and sculptures by local artists.
Harrison Lake itself is a popular spot for kayaking, paddleboating, or fishing for salmon and trout. You can hike through the surrounding mountains during warm weather, and in winter, hit the slopes at Hemlock Resort, roughly an hour outside of the village.