Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn Bedford DFW Airport Area West
Tucked away in the Fort Worth suburb of Bedford, this Holiday Inn is a solid choice for business travelers and families flying in or out of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport—the airport is just a 15-minute drive away.
- Hitch a ride on the complimentary airport shuttle to DFW.
- Grab a bite at B3 Blue Bonnet Bistro or the Gusher's Bar & Patio.
- Cool off in the outdoor pool.
- Take the kids to Bedford Splash, a small water park less than 3 miles from the hotel.
- Catch a game: Visit the Global Life Park, home to the Texas Rangers, or see the Dallas Cowboys at the AT&T Stadium, each only about a 20-minute drive away.
Fort Worth: Western Hub with Bustling Downtown
Once a market for buying and selling cattle, sheep, and hogs, the Fort Worth Stockyards is today a historical district where the smell of smoked meats from barbecue joints and country music from rowdy honky-tonks fill the air. It’s the best place in the city to go for an authentic Texas experience. You can still watch drovers on horseback parade herds of cattle down the main drag en route to a live auction. Live musicians accompany line dancing at the site of a famous 19th-century gunfight, and at a nearby rodeo center, modern-day cowboys demonstrate bull riding and barrel racing during two-hour exhibitions.
In the cultural district—about a 10-minute drive south—world-class museums stand along tree-lined brick boulevards. Acclaimed as one of the most striking architectural designs of the modern era, the Kimbell Art Museum houses ancient artifacts, a painting thought to be Michelangelo's first, and early Ninja Turtles sketches. At the free-to-the-public Amon Carter Museum of American Art, you can survey a collection of American works, including several paintings from the Hudson River School.