Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah is located about 35 miles from downtown Houston in the coastal town of Kemah, which overlooks Galveston Bay. The hotel is just a 10-minute walk from the town’s main attraction: the Kemah Boardwalk, an outdoor dining, shopping, and entertainment complex with several amusement rides. Here, waterfront restaurants serve locally caught fish, and you can touch and feed stingrays at an indoor reef.
- Nifty Amenities: Guest rooms have 32-inch LCD-TVs and complimentary high-speed WiFi.
- Why visit now: Kemah Boardwalk’s Rock the Dock concert series features live music every Thursday night through August 29.
- Bird’s-eye views: You’ll enjoy sweeping views of Galveston Bay from the boardwalk’s 65-foot Ferris wheel.
- One fish, two fish: There’s a large aquarium in the lobby, filled with live reefs and tropical fish.
- Family-friendly dining: Kids under the age of 12 eat free with a paying adult at Sporting News Grill.
- Worth a day trip: With 32 miles of coastline, Galveston Island is a nice spot to fish, surf, or simply sunbathe on sandy beaches–look out for its signature Victorian architecture.
- Must-see nearby: Be sure to check out the boardwalk’s rides, which include a wooden roller coaster with a 92-foot vertical drop.
Kemah, Texas: Waterfront Community with a Lively Boardwalk and One-of-a-Kind Shopping
Kemah takes its name from a Karankawan Indian phrase meaning “wind in the face,” a nod to the constant breezes that flow in from the Gulf of Mexico. The town’s prime location along the shores of Galveston Bay has made it a popular vacation spot—in 2012, the Houston Business Journal ranked Kemah as the area’s number-one tourist destination.
Kemah’s most-popular attraction is the Kemah Boardwalk, an outdoor entertainment complex with amusement park rides and waterfront restaurants. For some of the best bay views, pay a visit to the boardwalk’s lofty observation tower. A few blocks away, one-of-a-kind boutiques line the red-brick sidewalks of the Lighthouse District, selling handmade soaps, antiques, and wines from around the world.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._
What You Get
- Stay for two or four in a standard king or two-queen room
- Dates into December
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable.
- Taxes: 13% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
- 24-hour fitness center
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Kids eat free (up to two kids 12 and under with one paying adult)
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour laundry
- 24-hour store for late-night snacks and toiletries
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- 13% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2 (king rooms), 4 (two-queen rooms)
- Maximum occupancy: 2 (king rooms), 4 (two-queen rooms)
- Adding occupants above standard: Not available
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free parking is available.
- Rollaways: not available, though cribs are available upon request by calling the property
- Smoking policy: smoking is not allowed inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property aside from guide dogs
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property
- Room upgrades: may be available at check in for an additional fee
- By plane: about 45 miles from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH); about 25 miles from William P. Hobby Airport (HOU)