Stay at Hotel Adagio in San Francisco, CA
Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection - Downtown San Francisco
Top Reasons to Visit Hotel Adagio, Autograph Collection
- It’s located downtown and sits within walking distance to many San Francisco attractions, including Chinatown, the Tony award–winning American Conservatory Theater, and Union Square’s plaza of boutiques and galleries.
- You can start your day with breakfast in The Green Room, which specializes in farm-to-table fare such as huevos rancheros with housemade chorizo.
- Expert mixologists serve craft cocktails and local brews at The Mortimer, the hotel’s stylish lounge located right off the lobby.
- The hotel was built in 1929 and its style is a blend of the old and the new: its classic Spanish colonial-revival façade meets a chic interior of vibrant colors.
- Both the deluxe and skyline rooms have city views; naturally, the views from the skyline room are dramatic.
- Complimentary Starbucks coffee and tea are available from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. daily.
- Valet parking is included in this deal.
San Francisco’s Union Square: Luxury Shopping District with Off-Broadway Shows
Located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, Union Square is a shopper’s paradise. Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Macy’s anchor its namesake plaza, and a shiny new Bloomingdale’s was just installed at the Westfield San Francisco Centre. You’ll find smaller boutiques and independent clothiers tucked away on narrow alleyways. Sift through vintage books at family-owned antique shops, or admire iconic French fashion labels on pedestrian-only Maiden Lane.
Union Square is also famous for its eclectic arts scene. Less than a mile from the hotel, Tix Bay Area sells half-price tickets to some of the best shows in town. American Conservatory Theater produces Tony Award–winning dramas and cutting-edge comedy shows in a stunning Beaux Arts building. A handful of art galleries and museums—most notably the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art—display world-renowned works from artists such as Henri Matisse, Andy Warhol, and Edward Hopper.
To see other parts of the city, hop on the Powell Street cable car, which makes its turnaround right outside the hotel. Nearby North Beach, known as San Fran’s Little Italy, has held to its Italian heritage since fishers from Genoa immigrated to the area more than a century ago. Just east of here, Telegraph Hill ascends to the base of Coit Tower, a 210-foot monument that some think looks like a giant fire-hose nozzle. Visitors can buy elevator rides up to the observation deck for panoramic views of the bay, Alcatraz Island, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Restaurant and lounge
- Valet parking
- Free luggage storage
- Fitness center
- WiFi access
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- 15.6% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Deluxe King or Skyline King
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: valet parking included with Groupon
- Rollaways: not available in Groupon-valid room types
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: call the hotel with upgrade requests.
- By plane: 14 miles from San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- By transit: BART Metro train Millbrae line toward Pittsburg Bay Point, Powell St. stop
- By cab: about $50 from SFO
The Groupon Guide to: Home-Improvements Projects
Doing their own home-improvement projects can be a big source of pride for a homeowner, giving them something to show off to guests and cable television shows where they interview people about their houses. Here are some projects you can work on at your house:
Use a sledgehammer to demolish your deck so your dog will stop falling off the edge of it.
Pour concrete over your whole backyard to make it a better place to roller-skate.
Install a sink right in front of your toilet so you can use the bathroom and wash your hands at the same time.
Take rough, unpolished logs from a nearby forest and use them to make a cool-looking uneven floor for your bedroom.
Paint all of the doors in your house green so people know you’re fun.