Top Reasons to Stay at Howard Johnson Plaza Tampa Downtown
- Named the Howard Johnson Property of the Year in 2011, the hotel is located in the heart of downtown Tampa, right along the banks of the scenic Hillsborough River.
- Spacious rooms feature views of downtown or the river, cable TV with HBO, and free WiFi.
- A complimentary transportation service takes guests anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel.
- You can pop into WaterWorks Bar & Grill for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- The outdoor pool provides a nice spot to soak up some rays.
Tampa, Florida: Sunny Days, Beaches, and Busch Gardens
Ranked America’s No. 5 best city for the outdoors by Forbes, Tampa is often unfairly overlooked by vacationers headed to Florida. Located 90 miles southwest of Orlando, Tampa enjoys sunny days two-thirds of the year. Locals make the most of the weather by hanging out in more than 165 city parks and on beaches that span some 2,200 acres. Roller coasters and exotic animals share real estate at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, a 335-acre theme park in northeast Tampa designed to evoke the thrills of an African safari. Like a big cat sprinting after its prey, Cheetah Hunt—the park’s newest roller coaster—can reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Accommodations for two in a king room or up to four in a two-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy & fees: 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- Taxes: 12% tax added at purchase
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Located in the heart of downtown Tampa
- Complimentary transportation within 2 miles
- WaterWorks Bar & Grill
- Outdoor pool and fitness center
- Free WiFi
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 24-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 12% tax added at purchase
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: no charge
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: N/A
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: available for $8 per day
- Rollaways: available for $10 per night
- Smoking policy: smoking is not allowed in the property.
- Pet policy: pets 25 pounds or less may be added for an additional $75 per stay.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrade to an executive floor for an additional $10 at check-in.
- By plane: 8 miles from Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- By cab: about $30 from TPA
- By shuttle: $14 one way from TPA
The Groupon Guide to: Organizing Your Email Inbox
They say an organized inbox is the sign of an organized mind or the mind of a control freak—equally productive. Here's how you can assert power over the hoards of emails dumping into your inbox every moment:
Arrange your emails in order of how many exclamation points they have. Delete the ones with the least.
Delete emails from lawyers or anyone who wants to hold you responsible for your provocative neighborhood graffiti.
Any advertising emails sent to you by a company should be printed out and framed.
Make a folder for emails that would have probably been written as snail mail during gentler times.
If an email has pictures in it, it's either a forward about the power of angels over humans or a forward about hidden glass in movie-theater seats. Either way, pass it along to your entire address book without thinking twice.