Hotel At a Glance: Inn at Cape Kiwanda
The Inn at Cape Kiwanda is located off of Highway 101 on the 3 Capes Scenic Route, less than two hours west of Portland. This upscale inn is steps from the beach, and features unparalleled views of Pacific City’s Haystack Rock. Every room features an ocean view, and there’s an onsite espresso cafe and Brewpub. You can bike or walk along the beach and enjoy the town’s sleepy coastal vibe.
- Ocean-view rooms: Guest rooms feature private balconies and gas fireplaces
- Walk to: the beach, located right across the street
- Complimentary bike rental: allows guests to take beach cruisers for a ride through town
- Onsite Brewpub: Pelican Pub & Brewery, which boasts an array of award-winning beers and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day
- **$10 dining credit and taster tray of beer at the Pelican Pub & Brewery
- **A 22-ounce Pelican beer upon arrival
- Lattes and cappuccinos: at the on-site Stimulus Espresso Cafe
Pacific City, Oregon: Small Coastal Town with Outdoor Fun
Pacific City is a quaint town on the coast of Oregon, 60 minutes from Salem and less than two hours from Portland. There’s lots to do in this laid-back fishing village, especially if you like the outdoors. Pacific City pulls visitors in with its surfing, fishing, and kayaking opportunities, as well as its proximity to Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area. This state park has long expanses of clean beaches, miles of hiking trails, and is a popular place to catch a wave or go hang-gliding. Don’t miss a chance to go for a horseback ride along the coast near Bob Straub State Park, another popular outdoor destination, or to go crabbing on the sand. For those staying in the winter, Pacific City offers outstanding whale watching, particularly in March.