Hotel at a Glance: Jumer's Casino & Hotel
Jumer's Casino & Hotel is a little bit of Vegas set in Illinois. The Rock Island hotel and casino features a bevy of gaming and dining options, as well as pampering services such as an onsite spa, a large gift shop, and an indoor pool.
- Stay and play: in the onsite casino, featuring slots, table games, and both video and live poker. Use your included $25 credit at the slots.
- Multiple dining options: Grab pizza by the slice at the Blue Square Cafe, eat like royalty for dinner at DJ's Steakhouse, or choose from American and international cuisine options at Player's Buffet
- Grab a drink at the Oculus bar, right in the middle of the casino floor, where you can play video poker and watch the big game on 24 big-screen TVs
- Relax with a massage or a mani-pedi at the relaxing onsite John Taylor Salon and Day Spa, or order room service from your room.
- Take a swim: in the indoor pool or work out in the fitness center
Rock Island, IL: Charming Town along the Mississippi
Rock Island is one of the Quad Cities on the Mississippi River, along with Davenport, Bettendorf, and Moline. A pretty, mid-size city with graceful bridges and green spaces, Rock Island is also the home of Rock Island Arsenal, the United States' largest government-owned weapons manufacturing arsenal. Don't be alarmed—you can actually take a tour of the Rock Island Arsenal Museum, the second-oldest US army museum.
If you're looking for nature, don't miss a stop at the Quad City Botanical Center, a public garden and atrium that features hundreds of plants from all climate zones, as well as outdoor walking trails and a butterfly garden. Rock Island is also a known spot for boating and fishing—anglers could land largemouth bass, walleye, and bluegill in the area's lakes and rivers.