Family-Friendly Indoor Water-Park Resort
The Hurricane’s Vortex whirlpool ride at KeyLime Cove Waterpark Resort looks like a giant pinwheel painted with gold and orange stripes. But once the ride begins, those stripes blur into red as a torrent of water whips you around before safely dropping you in the Lazy River. The ride is one of eight major aquatic attractions featured in KeyLime Cove’s sprawling 65,000-square-foot indoor water-park, located about an hour north of downtown Chicago in Gurnee, Illinois.
Kids of all ages will find something to do in the water-park. The tropical indoor environment—kept at a balmy 84 degrees—is home to a wealth of wild rides, including the two 500-foot Splash Down & Slip Slidin’ Away water slides, a wave pool, and the interactive Toukie’s Big Deluge aquatic playground for kids. KeyLime Cove is a conveniently cashless resort. Upon check-in, you’ll receive a high-tech wristband that also functions as your room key, water-park ticket, and credit card for anything and everything around the resort.
While the kids play games in the RipTide Reef Arcade, adults can unwind in the Paradise Mist Spa. Families can meet up for dinner at any of the resort’s six eateries, including The Crazy Toucan and D.W. Anderson's, an old-fashioned soda fountain with 1950s decor. The resort’s guest rooms feature flat-screen televisions and complimentary WiFi.
Gurnee, Illinois: Near Chicago’s North Shore
Gurnee lies just west of Chicago’s North Shore, a group of affluent suburbs along Lake Michigan. There are several sites to explore among these nearby cities—the picturesque college town of Evanston was named one of the Coolest Suburbs Worth a Visit by Travel + Leisure and is home to Northwestern University. In nearby Glencoe is the Chicago Botanic Garden, a year-round garden with more than 9,000 types of plants.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- 65,000-square-foot indoor water-park
- Six restaurants
- Paradise Mist Spa
- The Enchanted Lagoon kids' spa
- RipTide Reef Arcade
- Convenient cashless wristband system
- Unique shops
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- Dates cannot be changed once booked
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $18.22 resort fee per day and 13% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Queen Guest Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Adding occupants above standard: no additional charge
- Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: parking, activities at Leapin’ Lizards, WiFi, in-room safe, in-room coffee, free local and 800 calls, newspaper, access to nearby Gold’s Gym, and shuttle service to nearby attractions
- Parking: included in resort fee
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- By plane: 8 miles from Waukegan Regional Airport (UGN); 33 miles from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- By cab: about $20 from UGN
- By car: 44 miles north of Chicago, IL; 50 miles south of Milwaukee, WI
The Groupon Guide to: Coffee Sizes
Ordering a cup of coffee has become so confusing these days that most people just give up and eat the beans whole. To make things easier, here are some sizes available at any neighborhood “coffee barn:”
- Fat (round)
- Big-boy bucket
- Baby bucket
- Coffee flask
- Barista's pleasure
- Cough-medicine capful
- Barista's pain
- Cup X: the cup from space
- The hot, hot handful