Hotel at a Glance: L'Auberge de Sedona
Set along the banks of Oak Creek, L'Auberge de Sedona is a luxurious hideaway in the midst of Red Rock Country. The resort's rooms, suites, and cottages boast elegant design features that may include juniper-scented wood-burning fireplaces, cedar outdoor showers, and jetted tubs. Elsewhere on the lush 11-acre property, you'll find a relaxing spa and a AAA four-diamond restaurant that serves three- and four-course modern French meals highlighting local and seasonal ingredients on a creekside stone terrace. Both the spa and the restaurant have garnered praise from Condé Nast Traveler and other publications.
- A room with a view: Vista suites and cottages have 180-degree views of Sedona's famed red rock formations, including Snoopy Rock, Giants Thumb and Elephant Rock.
- Award-winning wine list: L'Auberge de Sedona's 24-page wine list has won Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence a whopping 22 times. Offerings include boutique wines from across the country, including a few Arizona varietals.
- Signature spa treatments: custom massages and desert sage sugar scrubs with organic cane sugar combined with juniper, sage, and cypress
- Free pastries and coffee are available each morning in the lobby.
- Seeing stars: An astronomy expert leads complimentary stargazing sessions three nights a week.
Sedona, Arizona: Majestic Rock Formations and Quirky Arts Community
Surrounded by a band of red sandstone formations, Sedona boasts a breathtaking natural skyline. Head to the 3.2-mile Airport Loop hiking trail for views of famous outcroppings such as Cathedral Rock and Courthouse Butte. About 10 minutes outside of the city at Slide Rock State Park, you can barrel down a natural water slide and see a preserved turn-of-the-century homestead.
Since around the 1960s, artists have been drawn to Sedona's majestic landscape and cubist street signs. Although the arts scene has dwindled a bit in recent years, the city's creative spirit is still very much alive at Gallery Row, where more than 50 art shops and boutiques hawk pottery, jewelry, and metalwork.