Hotel at a Glance: Lumière Telluride
Named the “West’s most picturesque ski town” by Travel + Leisure, Telluride is filled with scenic meadows and 19th-century homes surrounded by the San Juan Mountains. Tucked away in Mountain Village you’ll find Lumière Telluride, a 4.5-star boutique hotel with award-winning guest rooms. After a day of hiking or river rafting, you can take in the scenery while soaking in the outdoor hot tub. The hotel is steps from upscale shops and gastropubs for when you feel like checking out the action.
- Press shout-out: Travel + Leisure mentioned the hotel in its profile of Telluride, which was named one of the 50 Best Romantic Getaways in the world.
- Nifty in-room amenities: Designer-decorated queen and deluxe king rooms are replete with plush carpeting, hand-blown glass fixtures, and original artwork. One-bedroom and two-bedroom residences come with fully equipped kitchens and private decks, some with mountain views.
- Onsite dining: The Little Bar at Lumière serves seasonal tapas on an elegant poolside patio Tuesday–Friday.
- Go swimming: To invigorate your senses, take a dip in the hot tub, warm plunge pool, and cold splash pool—in that order.
- Recommended hiking trail: Bear Creek Trail climbs 2.5 miles to a plunging waterfall.
- Keep it local: While you’re here, be sure to sample wines from Sutcliffe Vineyards and granola bars from Indian Ridge Farm.
- Autumn colors: Check out the changing fall colors around Telluride during the Gold Rush fall season, or book a stay over Thanksgiving
Telluride, Colorado: World-Class Outdoor Recreation and Mountain-Town Charm
The historic town of Telluride is tucked into the majestic San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado. Gold mining was the primary means of income in the early days. Once the first chairlift was put up in 1972, though, skiers began flocking to the charming mountain town for its fresh powder and steep slopes. Once the snow melts in the summer, hikers and mountain bikers take over, traversing scenic paths that wind through aspen groves and scenic meadows.
There are also several hot springs in the area. For a soothing soak, head to Orvis Hot Springs, about 40 miles away, where clothing is optional and the lithium-infused water is pure and untreated. Another popular activity is whitewater rafting through Class II and III rapids on the San Miguel River. In historic downtown Telluride, you’ll find quaint shops, galleries, and restaurants. At night, you can grab a beer among locals at a number of unassuming saloons and pubs.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.