Top Reasons to Stay at Meadowbrook Inn
- Nestled in the rolling green foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Meadowbrook Inn is just a scenic walk from downtown Blowing Rock's boutiques, art galleries, and bistros.
- At Tweetsie Railroad, you can ride a vintage steam locomotive, watch a live reenaction of a cowboy shootout, and shop at general stores on the Wild West–themed main street.
- The inn features a beautifully landscaped pond, where guests can stop to feed the ducks.
- Inside, a swimming pool and hot tub provide a quiet place to recharge.
- Guest rooms are individually decorated and equipped with free wireless Internet. Abigail's Cottage features a fireplace and a private deck with a hot tub where you can take in the fresh mountain air.
Blowing Rock, North Carolina: Scenic Hikes and Skiing in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Blowing Rock is located on the edge of the 500,000-acre Pisgah National Forest in northeastern North Carolina. The town, named for a rock formation, is a home base for outdoor recreation in the Blue Ridge Mountains—especially hiking, whitewater rafting, fly-fishing, and horseback riding. Moses H. Cone Memorial Park, a historic estate on 3,600 acres of forests and meadows, has 26 miles of carriage roads designated for walking and horseback riding. To see the sights from a car, head to the Blue Ridge Parkway, a scenic motorway through the Appalachians.
Aside from the parkway, there's plenty to do year-round here, from whitewater rafting and fly-fishing in the summer to cross-country and downhill skiing in the cooler months. Nearby Grandfather Mountain offers hiking trails and a nature museum. About 3 miles away is Appalachian Ski Mountain, a popular ski spot with 12 trails for all skill levels. According to Fodor’s, it's the highest ski area in the eastern United States, at 5,500 feet above sea level.
Back in town, Blowing Rock’s Main Street is lined with antique shops, boutiques, and upscale bistros. Bargain hunters might want to stop by Tanger Outlets, home to Banana Republic, Loft, and Polo Ralph Lauren outlet stores.
_ No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions._
“Reception could have been nicer, more helpful”
“was a great place, and would stay there asgain.”
“I would love to go again...”
Blowing Rock, NC
711 Main Street
Blowing Rock, NC 28605