Top Reasons to Visit Metropolis Resort
- Chaos Indoor Water Park resembles a comic-book metropolis with painted cityscapes and soaring biplanes. The 35,000-square-foot facility features two superfast four-story water slides, one giant kiddie slide and a lazy river meandering past waterfalls. This getaway includes four passes.
- Visit Action City arcade, where you can use your included attractions passes. It boasts bumper cars, laser tag, mini bowling, a rock climbing wall, batting cages, outdoor mini golf, an outdoor adventure maze, and one of the biggest indoor go-kart tracks in the Midwest.
- Swanky art-deco touches can be found throughout the resort, from the sleek exterior to the bold black-and-white color scheme in the guest rooms.
- Each morning, fuel up at the continental breakfast. Items include yogurt, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, muffins, scones, cereal, assorted breads and bagels, coffee, milk, and juices.
- At the family-friendly Monkey in the Middle, chefs craft pizzas from scratch. Brave patrons can take on the daunting 30-inch Gorilla pizza.
- The Pub serves up burgers, salads, wraps, pancakes, omelets, and their signature Monkey Bread amid big-screen TVs to watch the game as well as poker games and a photo booth.
Highlights of Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Wisconsin's Northwoods: a heavily forested area once known for its thriving timber industry. Today, the lumberjacks have been replaced by hikers and mountain bikers. The area is pleasant in the summer—temps average in the mid-80s—and in the cold months, frozen lakes make for scenic ice-skating.
- Carson Park: Located in the heart of Eau Claire, this green space is a popular spot for jogging along footpaths, playing baseball in the shadow of a Hank Aaron statue (he once played for the Eau Claire Bears), or watching the sunset over Braun’s Bay.
- Chippewa Valley Museum: Rotating exhibits chronicle the region’s indigenous tribes, the arrival of European immigrants, and the timber boom. After your visit, stop by the ice-cream parlor nearby for a sundae or malt.
- Downtown: Catch a show at the State Theatre, where musicals, jazz acts, and standup comics are often on the bill. While you’re in the city, you’ll also want to try out some fried cheese curds, stroll through the farmers’ market, and watch a roller-derby game at the Eau Claire Indoor Sports Center.
93% of 30 customers recommend
“Great for family's and good location”
“Waterpark is perfect for our toddler. ”
“Variety of things for families to do.”
Eau Claire, WI
5150 Fairview Dr.
Eau Claire, WI 54701