Hotel at a Glance: Inn at Snowshoe
Set at the base of West Virginia's Snowshoe Mountain in the Allegheny range, the Inn at Snowshoe is a family-friendly property near tons of things to do. Snowshoe Mountain Resort welcomes flocks of skiers in winter and transforms in spring into an adventure playground for mountain biking, zipline rides, and hikes past waterfalls and rocky bluffs.
About 6 miles from the inn, you'll find the resort village, where kids can zoom down water slides and splash in outdoor pools while grownups lounge in outdoor hot tubs. The cobblestone-lined village also boasts a smorgasbord of charming restaurants and shops.
- Tee off: The award-winning Raven Golf Club features 18 challenging holes and sweeping mountain views.
- Mountain adventure: Mountain biking, ski-lift rides, and ATV tours are among the activities available in this 10,000-acre wilderness.
- Water recreation: fishing, kayaking, and paddleboating at nearby Shavers Lake
- Onsite dining: There's an onsite restaurant and bar; other dining options up in the village range from barbecue at Foxfire Grille to maple-syrup-drenched waffles at the lakeside Boathouse.
- Shop 'til you drop: Stock up on outerwear and bike gear or handmade soaps and pottery at the Village shops.
Snowshoe, West Virginia: Year-Round Outdoor Adventure in Former Mining Town
The tiny town of Snowshoe is situated high up in the Allegheny Mountains of eastern West Virginia. Most of the activity here revolves around Snowshoe Mountain Resort, a hotspot for skiing and snowboarding in the winter, and mountain biking in the spring and summer. The backcountry trails are ideal for hiking, or you can take a day trip to nearby Monongahela National Forest to explore rocky outcroppings and woods full of hemlock, black cherry, and virgin spruce trees. You can still ride the nearby Cass Scenic Railroad aboard a restored steam locomotive that chugs along through rugged terrain and past mills left over from the area’s days as a logging hub.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.