Top Reasons to Stay at Mountain Lodge Telluride
- Surrounded by mountains, the wood-trimmed lodge is situated at the base of Telluride Ski Resort.
- Though the area is best known as a top ski destination, there’s plenty to do in the summer. Between 7 a.m. and midnight, take a free gondola up the mountain to go biking and hiking, or into historic Telluride to explore the downtown area.
- You can dine onsite at The View restaurant, where chefs prepare pub fare such as fish and chips and Angus blue-cheese poblano bacon burgers.
- Each junior and two-bedroom suite comes with a kitchenette or kitchen, a gas fireplace, a balcony, and multiple flat-screen TVs.
- The heated outdoor pool and whirlpools offer quiet relaxation after a busy day outdoors.
Telluride, Colorado: World-Class Outdoor Recreation and Mountain-Town Charm
The historic town of Telluride is tucked into the majestic San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado. Gold mining was the primary means of income in the early days. Once the first chairlift was put up in 1972, though, skiers began flocking to the charming mountain town for its fresh powder and steep slopes.
Once the snow melts each summer, hikers and mountain bikers take over, traversing scenic paths that wind through aspen groves and scenic meadows. The resort’s 18-hole golf course is surrounded by one of the highest concentrations of 14,000-foot mountains in North America.
There are also several hot springs in the area. For a soothing soak, head to Orvis Hot Springs, about 40 miles away, where clothing is optional and the lithium-infused water is pure and untreated. Other popular activities include fly-fishing on local rivers such as the San Miguel, as well as backcountry tours in four-wheel drive vehicles that emphasize scenery and mining history.
In historic downtown Telluride, you’ll find quaint shops, galleries, and restaurants. At night, you can grab a beer among locals at a number of unassuming saloons and pubs. In the fall, Telluride can be a great place to relax and watch the aspens change from green to gold.