Stay at 3-Star Mystery Hotel in Portland, OR
3-Star Mystery Hotel near Downtown Portland - Downtown Convention District
Groupon Getaways will let you know the name of your Mystery Hotel via email 48 hours after the sale ends.
3-Star Mystery Hotel near Downtown Portland
Portland’s Downtown Convention District sits just east of the Willamette River, on the east side of downtown. In contrast to the cramped blocks found elsewhere in the city, Portland seems to grow bigger here. The Oregon Convention Center, the largest building of its kind in the Pacific Northwest, occupies a sprawling complex just around the corner from the Rose Garden arena, home to the Portland Trail Blazers and host to some of the city’s biggest concerts. The district boasts a tax-free shopping mall, Lloyd Center, complete with an ice-skating rink and a Regal Cinemas multiplex. Conveniently located in the heart of the Lloyd District, this mystery hotel lies within walking distance of many of these attractions, as well as Portland’s light-rail system and the recently expanded streetcar.
Mornings begin with the full breakfast for two included with this Groupon. Back at the hotel, you can borrow a complimentary bicycle from the hotel's fleet to explore Portland or hit the indoor pool for some handstand practice. Comfortable guest rooms feature 32-inch flat-screen TVs and free WiFi.
Portland, Oregon: Quirky Riverfront City Known for Its City Parks
Extensive bikeways, edgy chefs, indie-rock bands, and progressive environmentalists—counterculture is almost a way of life in Portland. And it’s certainly a source of civic pride. Locals have adopted the slogan “Keep Portland Weird,” which is brandished on bumper stickers in businesses ranging from an art-house movie theater to a donut shop that used to glaze its pastries with NyQuil. The city has always been a little ahead of its time; it was originally planned with strict urban-growth boundaries that left plenty of room for parks and other green spaces. Today, in new developments, shops are built at street level with apartments above them—following a European model that complements Portland’s slightly European, laid-back atmosphere.
The downtown area is a refreshing mix of the traditional and the offbeat: high-rise buildings are interspersed with clothing boutiques and restaurants serving sustainable cuisine. Streets here are narrow and the blocks are compact to encourage walking, which visitors are wont to do to take in the parks, plazas, and fountains. You can also get around the district on a vintage trolley. A popular place to hang out is Pioneer Courthouse Square, a 40,000-square-foot public space often referred to as “Portland’s living room.” In warmer months, the square hosts free shows and festivals, as does Governor Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Located on the west bank of the Willamette River, the waterfront park was named one of 10 Great Public Spaces in America in 2012 by the American Planning Association.
Just north of downtown, the Pearl District, formerly a warehouse area, has recently sprouted a bevy of art galleries and specialty shops housed in lofts. It’s also one of the best bets for a good night out in the city, especially if you’re looking for a solid craft beer. Portland boasts one of the largest collections of microbreweries in the country, and a good number of them can be found in this neighborhood.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
What You Get
- Daily breakfast for two
- Indoor heated pool and spa
- Flat-screen HDTVs with cable
- Complimentary guest bicycles
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- Complimentary airport shuttle
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Reservation is non-refundable except in the case of a Groupon Promise refund; refund issued in Groupon credit only
- Not valid with reward points
- Credit card required at check-in
- 14.5% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
- One king bed or two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2 in king rooms; 4 in queen rooms
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 12 or older; guests 11 or younger stay free
- Rooms are equipped with Keurig coffee machines, microwaves, and refrigerators.
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: noon
- Parking: available for $15 per day
- Rollaways: available for $10 per night
- Smoking policy: smoking is not allowed on the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed on the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available at check-in for an additional cost.
- By plane: about 12 miles from Portland International Airport (PDX)
- By transit: Convention Center MAX station
- By cab: about $35 from PDX
- By shuttle: complimentary shuttle to and from PDX
The Groupon Guide to: Classic Baseball Mascots
No baseball team is complete without a puppety mascot dashing across the field during the seemingly endless downtime to keep the audience paying attention. Who are some of the all-time great baseball mascots?
Name: Buzzy the Bumbler
Team: Jacksonville Bees
Signature Antic: Kidnapping the opposing team’s mayor for duration of game
Name: Good Ol’ Frosty
Team: Indianapolis Blizzards
Signature Antic: Avoiding game entirely—making sudden, unblinking eye contact with fans who are using the adjacent urinal
Name: The Door to Nowhere
Team: Austin Drillers
Signature Antic: Door materializes in centerfield and opens portal to another dimension, flooding our world with unending storm of mechanical locusts until home team wins game
Name: The Gronkulator
Signature Antic: The Gronkulator is a fuzzy blue monster with a trumpet-shaped nose not sanctioned by any accredited sports franchise. If you see the Gronkulator, you are already dead.