Hotel at a Glance: NU Hotel Brooklyn
Nestled among four Brooklyn neighborhoods—Cobble Hill, Boerum Hill, Park Slope, and Carroll Gardens—the NU Hotel Brooklyn provides convenient access to the best that BK has to offer, all with Manhattan a short subway, cab, or loaner bicycle ride away.
- Complimentary breakfast: a continental spread with fruit, cereal, boiled eggs, and bagels
- Lobby bar and lounge: Misdemeanor, which serves cocktails and light tapas indoors and on a sprawling outdoor patio
- Borrow a bike or an iPad: Cruise around NYC on a loaner bike or browse for nightspots on a hotel iPad.
- Fitness first: The 24-hour fitness center has all the standard amenities, plus boxing gear, yoga mats, and body balls.
- In-room amenities: 42-inch HDTV, mini bar, and free WiFi
Cobble Hill, Brooklyn: Historic Italian Community Home to Restaurant Row
Historic Cobble Hill occupies a valuable swath of Brooklyn real estate just south of the borough's downtown area. On Smith Street, old-school Italian markets such as Paisanos give way to some of the city's trendiest restaurants (The rise, fall, and subsequent revitalization of Smith Street has been chronicled by the New York Times and other outlets.) Off the main thoroughfares, you can walk the residential streets of Cobble Hill, which are lined with Italianate brownstones and brick row houses.