Hotel At a Glance: Ocean Blue & Sand Punta Cana
Rows of palm trees are all that separate Ocean Blue & Sand Punta Cana from the Caribbean Sea, where guests take to the azure waves for kayaking, windsurfing, and snorkeling. Each water sport is part of the 4-star resort’s all-inclusive amenities. Other distractions include a late-night disco, two swimming pools, and eight themed restaurants.
- Water recreation: Take a scuba-diving class, splash in two outdoor pools, or kayak on the Caribbean, which is right outside the hotel.
- Special perks: Your all-inclusive package comes with three meals a day plus snacks, unlimited domestic drinks, and access to several activities.
- Grab a bite: Dining options range from Venetian cuisine at I Mascheratti Di Venezia to French gourmet at La Casa de mi Abuela, which is modeled after an old-fashioned Dominican dwelling. For a quick fix, opt for retro-style burgers or an international buffet.
- Exotic cocktail: Sip a frozen daiquiri in the evening at La Brasa Daiquiri Lounge.
- Room with a view: In the junior suites, private terraces afford a bird's-eye view of the Caribbean or the hotel's gardens and swimming pools. The room also comes with a private Jacuzzi.
- After dark: Hit the dance floor at the on-site disco, or challenge friends to a free game at the bowling alley.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Miles of White-Sand Beaches
When Christopher Columbus landed on the Dominican Republic more than five centuries ago, he described it as "a beautiful island paradise." Punta Cana, located on the island's easternmost tip, lays legitimate claim to that description. The coast stretches for more than 20 miles and is dotted with coconut palms, chaise lounges, and laid-back bars. Glitzy resorts feature prominently along the shoreline, but Playa El Cortecito, a short drive up the coast, harks back to earlier times. Brightly colored, thatched-roof shacks line the beach, and local fishermen bring their boats to shore each afternoon with the day's catch.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._