Top Reasons to Stay at Ocean Reef Resort
- It’s located right on the beach, which means there are no barriers to beachcombing or catching a sunrise over the Atlantic.
- At the resort’s center is a new water park guarded by giant tiki statues.
- Oceanfront deluxe rooms are equipped with many homey amenities, including a refrigerator, microwave, small stove, and all the cookware and dishware you could need.
- With two bedrooms and a sofa bed, angle oceanfront condos can accommodate up to eight guests. In addition to the amenities of the deluxe rooms, they have a washer, dryer, and private balcony.
- Both kids and adults are welcome to use the air-hockey table and arcade games in the game room, or the oversize chessboard and ping-pong table on the ocean-view deck.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Seaside Golf Courses, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
Myrtle Beach is the crown jewel of South Carolina's Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The city was named one of the best vacation spots in the United States for a family by USA Today, in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than a mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into the SkyWheel Ferris wheel’s glass-floored gondolas, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city below.
Less than 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach, the tiny fishing village of Murrells Inlet provides a tranquil contrast to the boardwalk's hustle and bustle. At Brookgreen Gardens, more than 1,400 original sculptures stand amid sprawling floral gardens and massive, moss-covered oak trees that have been around for centuries. Murrells Inlet is also home to the Tom Fazio–designed TPC Myrtle Beach golf course, 1 of more than 100 courses in the area that helped Myrtle Beach earn its title as the seaside golf capital of the world.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.