Stay at Omni Bedford Springs Resort in Allegheny Mountains, PA
Omni Bedford Springs Resort - Allegheny Mountains, PA
4-Star Mountainside Resort Fed by Mineral Springs
In the late 18th century, Dr. John Anderson wanted to reap the curative benefits of the natural hot springs that dot the Allegheny Mountains. He purchased a 2,200-acre plot of land and used locally quarried stones to build the lodge that now serves as the foundation of Omni Bedford Springs Resort. Over the past two centuries, 10 US presidents have stayed at the hotel—a National Historic Landmark that recently underwent a $120 million renovation. But even with its newly restored wings, a historic, restored golf course, and plush guest rooms, the 4-star hotel’s main draw is still its eight mineral springs, some of which feed the heated indoor and outdoor pools.
Inspired by the local Native Americans who first discovered the springs' healing properties, the 30,000-square-foot Springs Eternal Spa uses natural mineral water in every one of its treatments. During Bedford Bath rituals, you can alternate between hot and cool mineral pools equipped with massaging jets. The spa also offers a ginger body polish and steam therapy infused with local botanicals. Other treatments, such as massages and body wraps, use local herbs, and others culminate with time in the private spa garden.
Offerings at the five onsite restaurants range from casual bar fare at Frontier Tavern to fine dining at the Crystal Room. The relaxed but upscale 1796 Room serves 21-day-aged USDA Prime beef along with a dessert menu freshly prepared in-house. After dinner, you can gather around a stone fire pit on the lawn and roast marshmallows over the flames.
Bedford, Pennsylvania: Rustic Mountain Town Convenient for Hiking and Cross-Country Skiing
The rural town of Bedford is cradled amid the verdant Allegheny Mountains, a little more than two hours northwest of Washington, DC. There are 25 miles of hiking trails accessible from Omni Bedford Springs Resort. The nearby Blue Knob State Park contains a network of gently sloping loops and steady uphill climbs. Multi-use trails are open for mountain biking, horseback riding, and seasonal cross-country skiing, along with downhill tubing and skiing. In warmer months, many head to the park's streams for trout fishing.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
- Mineral-fed indoor pool
- 30,000-square-foot spa
- Five restaurants
- 18-hole golf course
- Stone fire pit
- Hiking and cross-country skiing trails accessible from hotel
What Makes This Getaway Great
We're confident in your Groupon experience and back it with the Groupon Promise. Learn more.
Groupon-Exclusive Discounts. We negotiate directly with hotels and tour operators to get you the deepest discount available -- as only Groupon can.
Handpicked Travel. Our travel experts and writers research every getaway for you.
Fearless Booking. Book your dates directly on Groupon. If your plans change, you can cancel your reservation with just one click, up until the cancellation deadline.
More Great Deals See all
The Fine Print
- Valid only for night(s) purchased
- 15-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate, no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- $25 resort fee per day paid at check-in
- 8% tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- See the rules that apply to all deals.
Deluxe King or Queen Room
- One king or queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Adding occupants above standard: not allowed
Deluxe Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 5
- Adding occupants above standard: $30 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; no charge for additional guests 17 or younger
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: valet parking; WiFi; daily bottled water; access to fitness center, tennis court, and pools; tea service; use of business center; local and 800 calls
- Rollaways: available at no extra charge; request in advance.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 50 pounds are allowed for a $100 non-refundable fee; pets are only allowed in the Anderson Building section of the resort.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are available upon request by calling the property.
- Room upgrades: available at check-in for an additional fee
- By plane: about 30 miles from Altoona-Blair County Airport (AOO)
- By car: about 110 miles east of Pittsburgh; 142 miles north of Washington, DC
- By cab: about $70 from AOO
- Guests can sign up for the Select Guest Program prior to arrival for added value such as morning beverage delivery service and pressing of clothing
The Groupon Guide to: Parental Car Threats
When children misbehave in the car, adults behind the wheel are left with no other choice but to issue threats about the status of the current journey. Here are some of the most popular/effective threats used by today’s top parents:
- “I’ll turn this car around.”
- “I’ll turn this car around, then around again, taking us back the right way and making you feel guilty about not receiving a worse punishment.”
- “I’ll turn this car into a car-nival and kick you out while I ride all the rides.”
- “I’ll turn the lid on this can of mixed nuts, and it may turn out that they’re not nuts at all, but snakes. Not real snakes of course, but snakes still too dangerous to unleash in a moving car.”
- “I’ll turn into a wolf during a full moon and then I won’t be able to drive because wolves can’t drive.”
- “I’ll turn a blind eye when the carjacker I’ve hired to teach you a lesson goes too far by driving more than 300 miles before telling you what’s going on.”
- “I’ll turn you over to the police and get a big reward for capturing America’s worst child.”