Hotel at a Glance: Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Though it’s located only 11 miles northwest of downtown Dallas, the Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas feels worlds away. The hotel, which won a 2013 TripAdvisor Award of Excellence, features Eastern-influenced decor, a full-service salon and spa, and a modern Italian steak house. To really get lost in it all, you can unwind in Les Jardins, a tropical-garden oasis where you can sip cocktails while admiring Indonesian and Malaysian artwork and sculptures.
- Get pampered: Mokara Salon & Spa sits on a canal and offers a full range of body and beauty treatments.
- Signature treatment: A manicure that uses Texas pecans, brown sugar, and shea butter for a revitalizing scrub
- Onsite dining: Dinner at Trevi’s Restaurant promises glasses of wine on the patio, steaks, chops, and decadent prosciutto-wrapped sea bass.
- Go swimming: Heated lakeside swimming pool and whirlpool
- Get sweaty: There’s a fully equipped fitness center in the hotel and a jogging-and-biking trail nearby.
Las Colinas, Texas: Gondola Rides, Horse Sculptures, and Fortune 500 Companies
One of the first planned communities in the United States, Las Colinas has occupied a 12,000-acre swath of Irving, Texas, since 1972. Just 11 miles outside of Dallas, the upscale development boasts several private country clubs, the popular Lake Carolyn, and a canal with a boardwalk. For a romantic tour, take a gondola ride on the canal. Back on land, Las Colinas is distinguished by The Mustangs of Las Colinas, considered the largest equestrian sculptures in the world.
Come Monday morning, Las Colinas goes to work at more than 2,000 companies, including Fortune 500 firms such as ExxonMobil, Commercial Metals Company, and Kimberly-Clark. The area is served by Dallas Area Rapid Transit, which makes getting back and forth from Dallas a snap.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.