Resort at a Glance: Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia
Located just north of Scottsdale at the foot of Camelback Mountain, the award-winning, 5-star Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia is an epicurean delight with easy access to the Valley of the Sun's best outdoor attractions. After hiking on the mountain, you can kick back with a massage at the spa or take a poolside yoga class.
- Award-winning eats: The resort boasts four dining venues, including the AAA Four Diamond–rated Prado, a contemporary Mediterranean restaurant.
- Swim with a view: Each of the resort's three pools offer views of Camelback Mountain.
- Moroccan-inspired spa: Enjoy a massage or other relaxing treatment at the exotic top-rated Joya Spa.
- Patios or balconies: Guest accommodations feature private patios or balconies overlooking Camelback Mountain, Grand Mountain, the pool, or the grounds of the resort.
- Onsite activities include guided mountain hikes, poolside yoga, personal training, bocce ball, wine-tasting education, and salsa-making classes.
Scottsdale, Arizona: Stucco Mansions amid Rocky Desert Landscape
Located just northeast of Phoenix in the Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale once served as ranch land where farmers grew oranges and lemons and cowboys kicked up dust in the fierce, dry heat. That era earned Scottsdale the nickname of “The West's Most Western Town.” Today, it is an affluent city landscaped with lush green grass and lined with stucco mansions. For a glimpse of the city's Old West roots, head to Old Town Scottsdale, where wooden boardwalks and hitching posts sit in front of a retro ice-cream parlor and rustic specialty shops.
Upon arriving in Scottsdale, you know you're in the desert—cacti and tumbleweeds dot the landscape, and dry shrubs and gnarled trees cover the McDowell Mountains in the distance. To get a closer look at southwestern flora, head to the Desert Botanical Garden. There, themed trails wind past huge cacti and other moisture-hoarding succulents, best seen in the cooler early morning or twilight hours.